Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: syntaxerrorsix

·
21,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Anti-Federalist
21,568 Posts
I've got a Samsung sound bar as well. It's nearly a requirement for anything not hooked up to an actual sound system.

For the projector room I've got an Onkyo tuner/receiver doing 5.1 Dolby.

·
21,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Just make sure you get HDMI ARC connectivity and a wireless sub. I'm sure Definitive Tech are great but spendy. You could look at Klipsch, Polk, Denon, Sonos...lots of them out there. Some have proprietary music streaming programs so check that if its important to you.

·
Anti-Federalist
21,568 Posts
Just make sure you get HDMI ARC connectivity and a wireless sub. I'm sure Definitive Tech are great but spendy. You could look at Klipsch, Polk, Denon, Sonos...lots of them out there. Some have proprietary music streaming programs so check that if its important to you.

HDMI ARC is the bane of one of my rooms. Anything that goes and checks for updates on the network turns the TV on.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
HDMI ARC is the bane of one of my rooms. Anything that goes and checks for updates on the network turns the TV on.
Odd. I have a Polk bar with ARC in the bedroom. Would never go back to digital optical. In fact I recently replaced my main TV and now use HDMI ARC to push the audio signal to the receiver.

·
21,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reactions: BL33D 4 M3

·
21,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,080 Posts
Be sure and watch the Matrix when you get everything hooked up.

·
Super Moderator
2,344 Posts
I'm going in the opposite direction. Just pulled two sound bars off my Sony OLED's. The OLED's have great sound.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I'd choose the JBL between the two you are looking at simply for the rear surround speakers. I'm sure in this price range they all sound very good. For the Def Techs price you could almost do a dedicated receiver and true 5.1 system. Almost.

·
21,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I appreciate it.

·
Registered
11,258 Posts
Ah, when we move....ha ha..after we sell this home, I will be asking about all this sound stuff.... (If the Real Estate Market ever gets going again)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts