close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sould I get a used Glock

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mandaltby, Oct 26, 2009.

1. mandaltby

mandaltby

I saw a "Used" Glock 17 in a store for $500 out the door. I've seen brand new ones for $570, This thing looks new and the guy told me that its only been shot 6 times. (yeah right) or could it be??Common 6 shots, this is the same guy who told me 5 min later that I'll go through 100 rounds in 10 min. Is this a good deal Im only saving 70 but I can say that that firearm came sealed to me. id like to be the guy that cracks the seal from factory. Are there things I can check to see if the gun is really in tip top shape.
    Ive seen another used G17 for 380 that the guy would of given me for maybee 350. What is the worth on a Glock 17 in excellent condition.

I always wanted a 1911, yet after doing a ton of research the Glock kind of grows on ya. What do you think about the "No safety", being the safety is in the trigger. Do most people carry gun with one in chamber or an empty chamber.

2. Cartouche

Cartouche

Yes, but not that one. A bit high for around here anyway. I picked up a police trade in for 299. plus tax etc. It was in semi excellent shape considering the armorer had completely gone thru it. If you see no cracks and all the parts are there should go bang when you load it and pull the trigger. Most shops, reputable ones anyway, won't sell you a defective gun. If they took it on trade, it has been gone over for the most part. No outer ware to speak of either. Shoots great no malf's. An unloaded gun is a club. Nuff said. No safty no problem. Keep your finger off the trigger no problem. Whatever you decide get some training after you get it.

3. TapandRack

TapandRack

Great Idea!.....keep your booger hook off the bang button and all is good :)

4. cb1

cb1

$400-$450 buys a fairly nice Glock for me. Look at summitgunbroker.com. I have never had a Glock with problems even with thousands of rounds. If it looks ok it PROBABLY is. Yes most carry with one in the pipe. CB

5. den888

den888

$500 is a little high, you can get a better deal by shopping around...

6. luv2brode

luv2brode

anymore than 350 and ill buy new hunt the sites they are out there cheaper

7. BadAndy

BadAndy

I'd rather buy new at that point.

The 17 for $380 isn't too bad though, even better if you can talk him down some.

I had no problem buying my 19 used (it was made July '93) and it shoots perfectly. Only things I had to do was replace the recoil spring and mag spring in the original magazine.

8. gunboat

gunboat

Glock equals good deal,but for that price get yourself a new one unless it can go lower on the price.I got a used g17 for 275 dollars 3 magazines clips etc and original box and contents about 9 months old from a fella trying to pawn it.he showed me the reciept from academy i jumped on it,pawnshop offered him 250.I threw in an extra 25 he accepted.:cool:

9. Scott in Houston

Scott in Houston

I can get a 17, 19, or 26 all brand new and each for $489. I wouldn't pay more than $400 used. Realistically, in order for me to buy used, it would need to be lower and closer to $350, but that's just me. Others may pay $400ish.

$500 for used is a total rip off as is the new for $570.

10. cpelliott

cpelliott

I don't understand why used Glocks are so expensive. A new one is $499. If you join GSSF or you are LEO/fire/paramedic they are $399. You frequently have no idea how a used gun has been treated. I personally don't like the idea of buying a used gun for SD.

11. smoke 8

smoke 8

Join GSSF for $35 and get a new one for less than $400. You can do the math and figure that one out.

12. Road Dog

Road Dog Senior Member Millennium Member

I agree that the price is high. In my area used glocks can run anywhere from $325 (few and far between) to $450. As far as "round counts" go I'm always wary. With a Glock it doesn't concern me anyway look at Chuck Taylor's G17.

RD

13. SCC

SCC just me

and they fix your glocks for free at the match :supergrin:

14. voyager4520

voyager4520

The most I'd pay for a used Glock is $100 off the retail of the exact same gun.(including whether it has night sights, but only if they're 5 years old or less) Other accessories like holsters, ammo, extra magazines make a difference, but you're probably not gonna get the extras the original owner had if you're buying it from a store.

That's the most I'd pay, $100 off for the exact same gun.

15. Vigilance

Vigilance

I agree. I paid $450 for mine NIB. It would have to be $400 or less, and in like new condition before I would even consider buying used.

16. usdagator

usdagator

I agree... $70 is not enough to make you buy used. If you want the new G17 buy it; but I would serach for a better price on a used G17

17. Wickersham

Wickersham

$450 is what I would pay for a used one in private party transaction.

Would not buy used at gun store - whats the point? (He probably gave $250-300 for it).

18. threefeathers

threefeathers Scouts Out

19. hi im drummer03

hi im drummer03

Used Glocks are just as good as new for the most part since they run forever.
    A used Glock goes for 450 period.Around here the gun shop i deal with which is always price under everyone else in town by a big margin gives you if the guns in good-excellent shape, $100 less than what they will sell it for. Most of the time ends up being 100 off new guns.You paying about 460 for yours.It will be 500OTD cause since its at a gun shop you pay tax.Around here you get a Glock17 NIB for 519.99 plus tax and recieve 2 range passes...

20. cmcinc

cmcinc

$500 and $570 are both high prices. Keep looking around...better deals are out there. Good luck.