close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sorry, Ninja ZX10R, Aprilia Mille just whoop yo azz!!!

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by fnfalman, Jun 1, 2006.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

[​IMG]

http://www.apriliausa.com/magazine_dettaglio.asp?id=391

APRILIA WINS THE “MASTERBIKE”!!!

The Aprilia RSV 1000 Factory has proven itself in the most important comparative test in the world of sport motorcycles as the first European motorcycle ever to win the Masterbike competition. An extraordinary success for an out-of-this-world motorcycle.

For nine years in a row, journalists from the 16 most prestigious specialized magazines in the world (In Moto and Motosprint for Italy, Motociclismo Spain, Motociclismo Brazil, Motorrad, PS, Kickstart, MCN, Australian MCN, Cycle World, Motosprint, In Moto, Moto, Motociclismo Mexico, Motociclismo Portugal, Bike, Bike India, and Motorcyclist) have been gathering for what has become known as the most important and prestigious comparative tests for series sport bikes; the “Masterbike”.

With the lap timer as judge, it is the motorcycle with the absolute fastest times and the best average times from the various journalists that counts. Journalists who just so happen to be very special; in some tests they defer this unique occasion to professional riders.

On the long and engaging Spanish circuit of Jerez de la Frontera, the 13 best contemporary supersport motorcycles battled it out until the end. The Aprilia Rsv 1000 Factory, Ducati 999 S, Honda Cbr RR 600 and 1000, MV Agusta F4 1000R, Suzuki Gsxr 600, 750, and 1000, Triumph Daytona 600, Yamaha Yzf R1 and Yzf R6R, and the Kawasaki ZX 636 R and ZX10R.

Yet no other European bike knew how to make it into the final classification, until now, always territory of Japanese four-cylinders.

Instead, the 2006 edition of the new Aprilia RSV 1000 Factory knew how to take it all the way after dominating the Maxisport category (72 final points as opposed to the 53 of the Suzuki Gsxr 750 and the 21 of the Ducati 999S). It competed for the title against the Kawasaki ZX 10R (that had taken care of the MV Agusta, Yamaha R1, Suzuki Gsxr 1000, and the Honda CBR 1000) and the Triumph Daytona 600 (winner over the Yamaha R, Suzuki Gsxr 600, Kawasaki Zx 6r, and the Honda Crb 600).

Aprilia conquered the victory with 76 points (as opposed to the 63 of the Japanese bike and 17 of the English motorcycle) and also finished with the best time on the track, a 1.52.514 earned by the Spaniard, Oriol Fernandez.

“We are talking about an extraordinary affirmation – said the Director of the Aprilia Brand, Francesco Mercani – to have the RSV 1000 singled out as the fastest series motorcycle in the world. It is a huge honor to be able to assert yourself as the best product in the most prestigious sector of the motorcycling market, or more accurately, the 1000 supersports into which every production house invests their greatest technological efforts. An international success that rewards the Aprilia philosophy of seeking out the most refined equilibrium between engine performance and mechanical rigor that you find in the RSV that is refined year after year, model after model. A perfect application of the philosophy. It is truly an award for our technicians and developers who, with their competence and passion, maintain the Italian motorcycling tradition at the highest of levels.”

The queen of the Masterbike, the Aprilia Rsv 1000 R Factory allocates 143 cvs (105,24 kW) at 10,000 rotations with a maximum torque of 103 Nm at 8,000 rotations thanks to its twin V60° Magnesium that also conforms to Euro 3 standards. With an extremely high level of components that include the triple bridge brake system, radial calipers, and Ohlins suspension; the forged rims complete the image of a motorcycle that was born to win.

------------------------------------------------------

But it's OK. You Japanese I-4 liter bike guys can still say that you can outaccelerate everything else in a straight line.:clown:

2. Clydeglide

Clydeglide

We can also outaccelerate you in the parts line IF anything breaks on the Jap bikes.:supergrin:

:cool:

3. Canucksvt

Canucksvt

I would like to see Aprilia outaccelerate Troy Bayliss and his Ducati 999F06 in WSBK. What says you fnfalman?

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

So, what you're saying is that it takes a Ducati dedicated race bike to outrun a mere stock Aprilia bike? :supergrin:

5. Canucksvt

Canucksvt

No, I am saying I would like to see Aprilia racing in WSBK with a Corse version of the Mille again.

6. Canucksvt

Canucksvt

On another note, how about the DesmosediciRR that was released today on www.ducati.com?

7. Compy

Compy CompensateWhat?

This matters on a streetbike becaaaaussssseee????????

I don't give a **** what the track reports, etc. say. If I'm pushing my ZX10 to it's limits, I'm probably going to die. I bought it because I like it better than anything else out there, regarless of price.

I've read so many articles that pick one bike over the other for different reasons. The GSXR1000 seems to be the popular litrebike for magazine shootouts these days because it is a red CH faster than the others. I still bought the ZX10 because it just seems to have more personality than the other Jap bikes and the Whop bikes.

If I want a fugly bike that requires more maintenance than I have time for, I'll buy another Harley ;)

8. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

Amazing how a $16k bike has better lap times than a $10k bike.
    :upeyes:
    Let me put $6k worth of Ohlins suspension, carbon fiber bodywork and Pirelli Diablo Super Corsa tires on an '06 ZX10R and watch the Aprilia fade off in the rear view mirror.
    :devilishgrin:

9. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Don't hate, appreciate.:supergrin:

I wonder how would the Limited Edition R1 with the fancy Marchesini and Ohlins fare?

10. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Same goes for you. ;)

Jap bikes = WAY more bang for the buck and are much easier and cheaper to have fixed or buy parts for.

Don't get me wrong, Aprilias are cool, but the Jap bikes are dominant for a reason (that includes racing).

11. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

Probably pretty good.......... If you unbolted the Marchesisni's and Ohlins goodies and put them on something other than the Yamadog.
    :devilishgrin:

12. davew83

davew83 hhhhhhhhmmmmmmm

hey FNF, seems the jap bikes lovers can never apprecaite why the Italians and English make bikes. Its just like cars, everyone has a Accord or Camry and while they are good dependable cars, lots of people have them. Triumphs, Aprilias, and Ducatis are enthusiast motorcycles, meaning that while they might cost a little more, and maybe aren't quite as fast (when ridden in a straight line or by pro riders) they give a wow factor that nothing else has. And just for the record there is nothing better than being the under dog (02 Triumph speed 4) and beating the big dogs in the mtns, 06 ZX10r, 05 GSXR 750, and two XB12R Buell Firebolts, and yes I have video proof.

13. Cryptoboy

Cryptoboy Sr. Sr. Member!

As much as I like Buell's, I'd think you'd be hard pressed to consider them as big dogs........:supergrin: Actually I'd consider a Buell more on the enthusiast bike, after all they are in the $10k range, are close to 600cc I-4 bikes in performance, and are a little more expensive to repair/service......

14. DaisyCutter

DaisyCutter

It's no biggie, I suspect that Aprila just renewed their annual advertizing contract with that magazine. ;)

15. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

Don't look too far into posts.
    My next bike is going to be Italian, it's just that I wanted something everyday reliable in the garage first.
    The Italia bikes are very nice looking, very good handling, somewhat fast, but quirky. Same with the Triumph. The Buell can't be categorized as a sport bike IMO, handling is great but the clunky transmission and sloooow revving motor keep it sucking air against even the slowest 600cc Jap bike, even in the twisties.
    My short list for next year is: Triumph 675 Daytona, Aprilia RSV 1000R.

16. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

17. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

That a pic of the Aprilia owner after he realized he could have bought a better bike for $5000 less?
    :laughabove:

18. FoxMustang

FoxMustang We Deal in Lead

Oh dip! Getting warm in here :clown:

So what does that ad say?

19. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

The ad says something to the effect that it's dishonorable to be passed by a superior vehicle - namely the Aprilia RSVR Factory in the Masterbike 2006 Shootout. :devilishgrin:

20. painkiller

painkiller

puhleeze!we all know the gixxer 1000 or zx 10 are king of the pack!honda has a bit more oopmh than last year due to the weight loss of 15 supposed pounds,and the r1 just way down on power,leaves those 2.why even bring in the pasta rockets that cost twice as much?and i hope your not putting too much faith on these english journalists are we?with the outrageous dyno results they get just putting on a pipe?now i like reading superbike from time to time,but sport rider seems to be accurate,honest and reliable.oh,and they dont talk or write funky either!