Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
On the day of your birth death began stalking you
10,574 Posts
Hmmph. I wonder what the reasoning really was behind it. Still a nice looking pistol you have there.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Homage???
Well, it IS the registered name of the cartridge.
Nobody seems to complain about ".45 ACP" stamped on their pistols. You DO know that this stands for Automatic COLT pistol.
My guess is DaBurna does know that the C stands for Colt but I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of 45 ACP owners do not. I also guess Glock and numerous other gun manufacturers no longer look at Colt as anywhere near the competitive threat that they do Smith and Wesson.

·
Registered
381 Posts
My guess is DaBurna does know that the C stands for Colt but I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of 45 ACP owners do not. My guess is Glock and numerous other gun manufacturers no longer look at Colt as anywhere near the competitive threat that they do Smith and Wesson.
You can "guess" all you want, but the facts remain. Whether people know what the registered or trademarked name of a cartridge actually is, firearm manufacturers know, and they list the chamber designation correctly.
And do you really believe Glock is threatened by S&W, any more than Ruger is threatened by Remington? Ruger has stamped ".44 Remington Magnum" on their firearms for decades.

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Homage???
Well, it IS the registered name of the cartridge.
Nobody seems to complain about ".45 ACP" stamped on their pistols. You DO know that this stands for Automatic COLT pistol.
don’t think anybody is complaining about anything. Just noting that Glock has always just put “.40” without the S&W. And now has the S&W added on the barrel.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yep, by about a week or so.
And then to add insult to injury, the first .40 semiautos from S&W were pretty inaccurate, because they used barrels with too slow of a rifling twist. Or maybe too fast, can't recall for sure. But I do know from trying out a couple of the early model 4006's, they shot to minute of trash can lid at 25 yards. The first model 22 Glocks did much better.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts