Glock Talk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Rational
17,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won a bid last night on Gun Broker for a NIB Windham Weaponry MPC-RF.

MPC-RF - Windham Weaponry Online. AR-15 Manufacturer

Got the FFL information squared away with the seller this morning, and now I'm just waiting for shipping info. I've got an old man in a neighboring town with an FFL who is charging me a decent $20 transfer fee + background check, which beats the other prices I saw in the area.

I was the only one that bid on the rifle. Minimum bid was $799, I bid $800. Plus $40 in shipping (from Ohio), plus merchandise fees ($24 IIRC), it came out to $863 and change. So $883 total once the transfer is done. Honestly, that's about $50 more than I wanted to spend, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it. This was my first online firearm purchase, and I learned some lessons along the way to better my future purchases. And seeing as how other sellers have these going for MSRP or higher right now (I've seen prices on WW's as high as $1,200-$1,400), then I think I got a good deal.

I'm so excited! My first AR! I've always wanted one, and I've heard outstanding things about Windham Weaponry and their quality. I especially like the fact that they are all made in-house (or close to it) by former Bushmaster employees. Does anyone own a WW, and if so how do you like it?

·
Rational
17,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a bid on a NIB LWRC ICR5B16SPR SPC carbine at....if I remember correctly....$900, but don't quote me on that. I let it go after that price, but I REALLY considered upping my bid. It's now at $1,004 with one day left on the auction. Those things are gorgeous.....even at $1,000 that's a good price, based on the prices I've seen.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Congrats on your first evil black rifle. They appear to be good rifles. My friend bought a Windham AR in .308. He put a thermal scope on it and it is a Hog Hammer.

·
Rational
17,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats...I remember my first and know how you feel. Then it'll become an addiction.

No matter what roll mark is on the side, the more evil black rifles in people's hands, the better.
I'm already planning my next purchase, lol. I want a S&W, a Ruger, and a Colt to round out the collection.

Be still, my Visa!

Looking at ammo right now.....not cheap. :cry:

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Congrats...I remember my first and know how you feel. Then it'll become an addiction.
"...an addiction." Isn't it interesting how most addictions are considered dangerous to body and mind, yet an addiction to owning certain firearms is good? :unsure:

It's like the guy who stumbles into an AA meeting and blurts out, "Hi, <hiccup> I'm Steve, and I'm an alcoholic" then falls over KABOOM passed out drunk, and everyone says "Hi Steve!" and leaves him there on the floor as they continue drinking their coffee, LOL.

·
Registered
27,820 Posts

Midway USA has these in stock $.63 a round - these are 30 round boxes.

If I get one box shipping is $12.20 - if I get 10 boxes shipping is $14.40.
300 rounds for $218 including tax and shipping.

Sad that I think $.72 a round is an OK price but at least it is in stock.

They also have a similar deal on 62 grain.

·
Registered
7,947 Posts
Congrats!!!

Ammo: should be able to pick-up some of this for ~fifty cents a round. This is same as Lake City M193. If you were in AZ. I'd sell you some.:)
Font Wood Gas Nameplate Signage

Reactions: Jade Falcon

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I'm already planning my next purchase, lol. I want a S&W, a Ruger, and a Colt to round out the collection.

Be still, my Visa!

Looking at ammo right now.....not cheap. :cry:
I had some time to kill earlier and went into an Academy Sports for the first time in months. Maybe it was ammo truck day, but there was a decent little selection of .223 and 5.56 to feed your new addiction. Prices not the greatest, but it was there.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.