close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

sony ps3 tech support. GRRRR!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by BEER, Jan 21, 2010.

1. BEER

BEER bad example

my ps3 decided this morning to give me the sony version of microsoft's dreaded "RROD" and quit recognizing any discs. ps3, blu-ray, dvd, even audio. none of them will load on my system now.

so i jump on the phone to playstation tech support and met "robert". i'm going to be kind and call "robert" a window licking circus monkey with downs syndrome and a penchant for plugging his tongue into live electrical outlets.

over the course of an hour "robert" had me reset my ps3 to the default settings 4 times, turn it off and back on 6 times, and finally broke what little patience i had when he tried to suggest this obvious ps3 hardware issue was somehow connected to my router. at that point i got snippy which sent "robert" into an almost hysterical fit of anxiety which almost made me feel bad, until he opened his mouth and suggested that i once again reset my system settings to default. i hung up. i didn't have any choice i just couldn't take it anymore and i'm not sure if india has any sort of suicide hotline for "robert" to call so i gave up on trying to deal with him.

i decided to brave the internet in search of tech support answers and suprisingly the plastation usa site was rather helpful. well helpful in telling me that my ps3 is no longer under waranty and is going to cost 120$ to fix anyway. it wasn't helpful answering any of my other questions so i did a couple of shots of jim beam and got back on the phone ready to face off with my arch nemesis "robert" once again.

this time i got "steve". i'm going to be kind and call "steve" a ******* mongoloid crackhead.

i explained my issue to "steve" and then asked if there was anyway to back up all my data to a external hd so i wouldn't lose it when i send my system in. "steve's" answer was, and i quote, "i do not know sir but i am sure there is some way to write it to a disc." dear god i apologize for whatever sin i've committed to deserve this level of hell.

moving right along then.

next i ask "steve" what the average turn around time is for this type of repair. his answer, and again i quote, "i have no idea how long it will be to take me to fix this problem sir." so i ask "steve" if he is the person who will be personally working on my ps3? his answer "no sir." i hung up.

so does anybody here know where i can borrow an icbm? i have to return my ps3 and i'd like to insure it gets to the wondertard twins in a timely manner.
    :steamed::steamed::steamed::steamed::steamed:

2. mfetty77

mfetty77

360 elite, no problems at all.

3. Danimal3805

Danimal3805

:rofl:
    Sorry to hear about your PS3 but I couldn't help but laugh at the extreme level of retardation displayed by the "wondertards"

4. dontshakepandas

dontshakepandas

Can't help you, but thanks for the laugh.

5. rlltd42

rlltd42

Hey man your blue ray lense probably died. Mine did the same thing back in August. If you look around its (unfortunately) a pretty common problem. The ps3 comes on and you can still access something on the hard drive (demos etc), but it will not recognize any kind of disc (games, dvd, blue ray). If you are out of warranty than the only recourse is to replace the blue ray drive. I did mine myself for ~$100.

The first step is to find a step-by-step guide for breaking it down. The process is not bad at all (if you can change RAM in a desktop than you can do this). Just go slow, read all the steps, and dont tear any of the small wires.

Once you get it broke down to the actual blue ray lense take note of the model #. There are a hand-full of different lense models. Then you go online and buy a BR lense of the same model #. Swap the old lense for the new one and put the ps3 back together.

Sony will fix a BR lense for $150, so if its worth $50 for you to do it yourself go for it.

Hope that helps

ETA: You need a size T10 hex screwdriver to open the ps3 up and dont screw up the model # on the replacement lense or the firmware wont match up.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  6. Glock Noob

Glock Noob