close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sony DSC-H5???

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by Generalcarry, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

I think I'm going to pick this up. I wanted a carry along with a decent zoom. I was curious if anyone had one, and if so, your thoughts on it. With a 2g memory stick it comes to a little over $500. Well actually the best I found was $515.94. http://www.steves-digicams.com/2006_reviews/h5.html

2. PDogSniper

PDogSniper

Does that have a view finder...? You'll find out that with the LCD screen won't be able to see your subject in bright light...

3. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Electronic viewfinder, yes. DPReview has an excellent review of it here.

4. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

I'll let you know, it's coming today. I bought a 2 g memory stick and the filters. All in all it was ~$515.

5. spober

spober

THESE KINDA CAMERA are what the future of digital photograghy.Im 49 years old and have been an amature photogragher since 9th grade.im a die hard SLR guy.ive almost jumped to the dslr but these all in one cameras off so sarn much for the money it rediculaos.some insane fast 36mm-450mm or so.5-8 mp..3 inch lcd screen? see how much you gotta spend for a 3 inch lcd monitor on a dslr?if you can find one that big.
    DSLRs have advantages no doubt fast shetter reaction time first.other than that they are wofully lacking for their high prices.
    if you want a real bargan get a kodak 850 .300 bucks and you get a great fast 36mm-420mm lens.a 2 1/2 inch lcd.IS.REDICULOUS.INSANE!

6. nipperwolf

nipperwolf

and an amateur speller as well. :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

as for your REDICULOUS and INSANE price comment.....:upeyes: :upeyes: :upeyes:

7. MrsKitty

MrsKitty

Am I the only one who rarely uses the LCD on the back of my dSLR?

I use it to format cards, change ISO/WB and sometimes I will glance at a shot to see if I have blown something if I am curious at that time, otherwise I wait until I have the pics pulled off the card as I would with processing film. If I could change ISO/WB and format cards without it, I wouldn't even use it!

8. Generalcarry

Generalcarry NRA Member

I have a Canon FT-b, AE-1program, A-80 and now the Sony. I also had a Fuji but lost it. I like the SLR as well, but I KNOW I won't lug around all the lenses. All I do any more is carry it a small camera for the fun of it.
    On the digitals the smallest memory I'd buy is a gig. When shooting I just load the card up and delete when editing.
    I only bought this Sony for the zoom. My kids and their kids are playing sports.

9. hwyhobo

hwyhobo

Canon FTb, AE-1, A510. Oooo... Freaky. :alien: