close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sons of guns is embarrassing.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Boogiefan, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Boogiefan

Boogiefan

That show is just plain embarrassing to watch at times. Don't get me wrong because it's not always that way. Last night they were drag racing and porsche and a harley. The guys daughter was the "go" girl... It was just stupid the way it all played out.

2. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

Boy Howdy ! ...... :alex:

3. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

that was a repeat of last weeks episode, but yeah I agree, the show is getting to be over the top in some aspects.

Hey let's place Claymores in the back of an armored Porsche, nothing could go wrong. :rofl:

Or let's let a person that has "never built an AR" go in the back of our shop and just "piece one together".

I have pretty much stopped watching. I laughed they were going Zombie hunting this week.

I mean look at Charlie with his machete and Will with his finger on the trigger. Flem is the last cool guy there I think. he doesn't seem to want to be a drama queen like the rests.
    [​IMG]

4. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I've missed some episodes - forgot to record some of the best comedy on TV on the DVR:

What is up with Vince??? Why did he ride up at the end for his walking papers. And he's "only been there a year"???? Uh, I don't think so.

Now, we all know Vince is in on the drama-queen drama, but WTF??? Is this the setup for him really really REALLY coming back, stealing Steph, kicking Will in the balls and killing Jesse James for his gun collection????

BTW - real obvious that zombie-guy would pick the semi-auto .22 over the select-fire AR. One he can own, one he can't.

5. ronin.45

ronin.45

Why are the guns blurred out in the pic above?

6. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

Ferocious recoil!?:rofl:

7. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Was gonna ask the same thing. :dunno:

8. Dennis in MA

Embarrassed to be seen with that group, perhaps? :rofl:

9. CarryTexas

CarryTexas

I am sure it is because that was released before the episode aired and they didn't want people to see the final product.

I feel bad for Flem. He seems to be the only one who isn't a media ho...

10. SunsetMan

SunsetMan Deplorable Lifetime Member

I couldn't bring myself to DVR the Porsche/claymore episode, it sounded ridiculous.

I really liked the bullpup 10/22 stock the made for the zombie show. I hope they put it into production.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  11. Dennis in MA

I foresee someone else making it faster than they. Perhaps the folks that make the Archangel thingy.

It looks almost like a FN bullpup. Nice design. I don't want something FROM RedJacket. Maybe if they got a small royalty while someone else produced it and sold it via Brownells I'd consider it.

12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Why not just buy the muzzelite one that's been around for 30 years?

13. Dennis in MA

Muzzelite looks like a cobbled-together erector set. This looks like one of those smooth FN 5.56 machines.

I was just looking around for intel on what was up with Vince - and found out last night was the SEASON-ENDER. So Vince leaving is a two-season season-ender???

He's gonna be back for sure. No question. This is stupid and just makes it bad TV.

14. HoldHard

HoldHard

Since Will Hayden lost his FFL in 2009 due to some missing NFA items and he f'kd over a guy that did some building work for him (gave him stock in Red Jacket Firearms and then boned him when he took all the assets and moved them to Red Jacket International LLC... link) all my respect for the people on that show has been long lost.

No longer into the made-up drama. The day to day operations of a gun store, even one with a capability to make Class 3 weapons is totally boring. The producers have to drum up business by bringing in weapons that are completely functional and "breaking" something on them so the RJF staff can "fix" them. Sad.

Was channel surfing last night and glimpsed the Boufors cannon on a portable carrier. So it turns out that there was a pin missing on the Boufors cannon that prevented it from loading a round? Oh PLEEEEEEZE.... The owner didn't want to appear on camera because of his job ? What is he, the National Guard armory commander? I wouldn't want my face on television so that everybody (including the ATF) knows I have access to a fully-automatic anti-aircraft cannon and ammunition.

[​IMG]

Will must be rolling in the dough now that he has bought himself a new Harley....

Too bad he can't ride worth a damn....

HH

15. BSA70

BSA70

I like the show, I can only watch what is on net flix, no cable at my house. Sounds like it has jumped the shark with it's latest shenanigans......:crying:

16. MulletLoad

MulletLoad

I liked the bofors at the "range".

A 6' sand berm and electric power lines a short distance behind it downrange.

Either they were firing some sort of blanks or low powered loads and rigged special effects, or they continue to be stupid.

17. SunsetMan

SunsetMan Deplorable Lifetime Member

Muzzelite?! :puking:

18. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

'Sons Of Guns'? If this show isn't dropped off the airwaves soon, I'm going to be too embarrassed to admit to anyone that I own guns. What a soap opera, 'rag' of a program! :freak:

19. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Bullpup is coming soon from them. It would have been smart to have it hitting shelves the day after showing on air, but I don't know what the filming lead time is, so it may not have been possible.

20. aircarver

aircarver Descent Terminated Silver Member

They have the 'Mythbusters' advising them.....

:outtahere::supergrin: