GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
The station our town pool played did not play soul music, which was my favorite (Sam and Dave, Wilson Pickett, James Brown, etc.) A constant stream of the Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, Bobby Darrin, Lesley Gore, early Beatles, etc.)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
In my mid-teens friends were guards and cashiers at the village's public pool, and I took care of the outdoor tennis courts scattered around the village. We had epic after-hours pool parties and indoor tennis games. Why the police didn't throw us out for partying at the pool at 2am I have no idea. They stopped by, we told them we were employees, and they let us be.

Anyway, this played during a particularly memorable moment.

Reactions: Budqweiser

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
This actually was huge in my early public pool days:
Man, that brought back a bunch of memories. lol. WLUP had a broadcast truck that would DJ/live show from the parking lot. Everybody had a black "loop" shirt... and WLS. Animal Stories!

·
Registered
714 Posts

:music: ;)

Reactions: norton and JohnnyE

·
NRA Life Member
63,390 Posts
This was in heavy rotation at my pool. I can still smell the popcorn and chlorine. I think it was KHTR103. Share your fond memories of childhood swimming pool music or other memories.
I don't recall going to a public pool since I was about 6 or 7.

I used to go to this one, but it was rectangular at the time. It has been torn out and rebuilt since the '70s. I don't remember any music.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,089 Posts
We had the beach and the big canals. Our favorite was C-54 bridge south of Palm Bay.
I know the bridge. It's on Babcock, the one with the "No Diving Off Bridge" sign.

I always wondered who made that sign necessary, now I know LOL.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts