GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I miss the days of going to the pool. I lived a few blocks away and it was quite a treat to go. Locked my bike on the rack and put my money in my shoe.

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
So many youngsters here! :)

Reactions: Batesmotel

·
King Doofus.
5,478 Posts
Funny, we were just talking about this at work. I grew up in the '70s and the local public pool near me played top 40s music. As a kid who listened to Led Zepplin, The Doors, Black Sabbath etc. I was in hell.

·
Anti-Federalist
17,686 Posts
You guys are weird.... we played all that music at the SKATING RINK in Florida.

Pools were for uppity condo dwellers we had the beach.

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There was the lifeguard/manager shack that had the radio. Had that waterproof AstroTurf stuff on the floor and a few hot tanned chicks hanging around. It was off limits for a dork like me.

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
Not from childhood, but when I was crewing drifters in Kodiak, one of my least favorite tasks was repairing gill nets. We'd stretch them out on the racks and work all day until finished and our only entertainment was an old radio.

Every 5 minutes was Sweet Child of Mine. OMG every 5 minutes.

My only break was having to dress out a black bear the owner shot because he was worried about his dogs and kids. Not very fun.

·
Anti-Federalist
17,686 Posts
Not from childhood, but when I was crewing drifters in Kodiak, one of my least favorite tasks was repairing gill nets. We'd stretch them out on the racks and work all day until finished and our only entertainment was an old radio.

Every 5 minutes was Sweet Child of Mine. OMG every 5 minutes.

My only break was having to dress out a black bear the owner shot because he was worried about his dogs and kids. Not very fun.

GNR at the time was the sheeeeeit and that was their only radio friendly song for a bit.

Radio in general is guilty of this all the time.

·
Anti-Federalist
17,686 Posts
What swimming pool?

We had the beach and the big canals. Our favorite was C-54 bridge south of Palm Bay. We used to jump off it all the time, about 30' high. When we were old enough to drive we realized that we weren't very smart.

You could drive down the banks and they were lined with critters.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts