Glock Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Premium Member
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came into work this morning. Just like any other day. As I walked into my office, my partner is sitting there asking me if I had already heard the news?

No...

One of the guys committed suicide last night. He came to work and worked out in the gym. He never showed up for roll call. We found him at 0330 hours. Dead in his car.

RIP

· VIVA MEXICO !!!
3,299 Posts
SAR, sorry for your loss, I sometimes wonder why cops commit suicide instead of the BG's

· Caffeine Addled
1,059 Posts
Sorry for your loss, too many of us go that way.

· Speaks Jive
398 Posts
wow...sorry to hear that.

· IWannaBeSedated
11,306 Posts
PuroMexicano;11375459 said:
SAR, sorry for your loss, I sometimes wonder why cops commit suicide instead of the BG's
Because the narcissistic nature of criminals, in general, swells them with pride and self-esteem while the constant negative feedback that one endures during a career in policing constantly beats you down in unrelenting fashion.

Or, maybe your question was rhetorical.

· Premium Member
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And this is why I am so proud of LAPD

Upon hearing the news of the officer's death, we had an immediate outpouring of support from our neighboring Divisions. LAPD is comprised of 21 Patrol Divisions, each fielding officers in their areas of the City. This morning, I called our Bureau and advised them that some of our officers were affected by the officer's death.

Within an hour, I received a message from Bureau that 10 officers had volunteered from neighboring Divisions to come work the night watch, so that some of the officers could grieve. Sure it was short notice, but that's what family is all about.

Apparently, he had been having some problems at home. When the officer did not show up for roll call, we immediately started searching. We didn't stop until we found him. He was found parked on a city street by some of his closest partners. He died alone in his car..... :fallenofficer:

· Jagenden Übel
2,044 Posts
Awful, man.

I went to Phil. PD Officer Sergeant McDonald's funeral today. Reminds you that there are a lot of guys there for you, if you need them. Don't hesitate to depend on them...for anything.

My condolences...

· Girl w/a Glock
4,128 Posts
So very unfortunate. :sadangel:

I'm sorry for your loss.

· Registered
38,704 Posts
I always try to remind myself the time to get out of this job is before you have nothing left. I worry that I won't see when it is time to go.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts