close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

sometimes the heart sucks.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by BEER, Aug 9, 2012.

1. BEER

BEER bad example

so i;ve got my Girl and she's amazing. we've been together for awhile now and i honestly can't imagine a better woman to compliment me and complete me.

i tell her this every day. i wake up and before i even ask for coffee i tell her she's amazing and that i love her. we have never once gone to bed mad at each other, not once. i am a hard man and i am a pain to live with but she manages to handle it each and every day.

it's been like this for going on 2 years now and i can't imagine it ever changing without me ending my life if i disappoint her for longer than half a heart beat. if i were going to marry a woman it would be her.

with that said i once had a high school love and we never had our chance. now she's single and in town, and she's interested to see where we could wind up. she knows where i am in life, i know where she is in life. i care, she dosen't. Girl knows exactly what's going on because i told her as soon as the phone rang. she gets it but she knows where i'm going to crash every night.

the high school love was a love because we were best friends. we grew up together, we went to school together, we supported each other over the phone after high school. she wasn't just a babe, she was a friend.

now between her and Girl i am almost torn. but i made the right choice and i'm sticking with Girl. we've talked about this and i've filled her in 100%. unfortunately i've also informed the high school love who didn't tke it so well. she's cursed me as a heartless bastard.

it sucks but it is what it is. i hate to lose her as a friend but i have to stay true to the one i truly love. i've literally laid in a gravel parking lot bleeding waiting for an ambulance while this chick held my head and sang to me. she's put up with all my **** including sitting up with me while my nightmares wrecked my head and i physically mule kicked her out of the bed.

i love her, i don't have a choice any more than she does in loving me right back. it just sucks that i had to lose a hell of a friend in the process even though losing her proves that she wasn't much of a friend in the first place.

sorry, i just needed to get it off my chest to someone that's not biased and my best friend is out of town and away from his phone right now.

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

The right choice is rarely the easy choice.

I think you made the right choice.

3. MasterShake

MasterShake Brew Crew

Same here man, the past is the past for a reason. Why mess up a good thing?

4. Paul53

Paul53 Installing SKYNET daily.

Honestly? Your choices are to keep the wonderful woman you have, or end up with no woman at all. There's no chance of it working out any other way.

You're a challenge to the old friend. Nothing more. Once she has you, the challenge is gone, and soon she will be too. I've seen this show before and it always ends the same.

Go forward with the woman you have, have a wonderful life, and never look back. Life is full of challenges. I envy you. Don't blow it man!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  5. Heckler&Koch

Heckler&Koch

Don't make a bad decision when drinking. Erase her number if you didn't memorize it.

6. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

X's are X's for a reason.

It's human nature to believe that the grass is really greener on the other side...

It sounds as if you see the folly of seeking to trade up from what you have.

Good luck.

7. Sporaticus

Sporaticus Aw sheet main

I have an ex from high school as you describe yours. If she called me tomorrow like yours called you, the conversation wouldn't go but a minute or so. I wouldn't even open myself up to the confusion or the possibility. Now your current has had her security diminished, whether she admits it or not. Whether you think you were open enough or not.

That conversation shouldn't have lasted more than a minute for you to fill her in, wish her well, and hang up. You owed your current gf that much. I just wonder if that will come back to haunt you.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  8. PawDog

PawDog NRA Member

There's an old saying that, while kind of archaic, is true in many, many ways....."You can't go home again."

9. tsmo1066

tsmo1066 Happy Smiley

There you have it. True love vs. "interested to see where we could wind up." Curiosity vs. proven commitment.

Is there really even a question about what the right move is????

10. Foxterriermom

Foxterriermom No place like home

So true!!!

11. J_P

J_P

Nice story bro... I wish you and your girl a happy life. You know whats in your heart not anyone else. I've been through something similar to this. I was going to say what you said exactly in the bold text.

12. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

This.

13. BEER

BEER bad example

re-read my oroginal post folks, this went no further than the old flame popping up out of the blue and getting shut down.

what i have now is much much much more important than some "maybe or could be" situation.

14. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

What's wrong with banging them both?

15. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

She got a bravia ???

16. jp3975

jp3975

Glad to hear you made the right decision. So many people screw up a good thing. Myself included.

17. Rick C

Rick C affiant

Beep Beep Beep

18. Aux Bear

Aux Bear

:rofl::rofl::rofl::faint:

19. Ian Moone

Ian Moone

I'll tell ya my friend, the grass is NOT greener on the other side ...it only looks that way. It's a mirage.

Hang on tightly to the Girl you described. She is a rare find that doesn't come around often. There is many a man who envies what you've got ....so don't F'it up.

20. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

I must admit it sounded to me like you were "considering" the old flame. NOT nice to current gal.
    IF you love her as much as you claim it wouldn't have been a thought. (for more then half second) And why don't you marry her?
    Where you are. You can decide "its over" and move out/have her move. Having the gutts to stand up in public (hopefully infront of her family/friends/your family/friends) and say "THIS is the gal I want to be mine from this day till the day I die" It MIGHT make her feel special (in your eyes)