GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Very simply, she elected to die rather than go through another shutdown and be cut off from those she loved. When she made the decision that quality of life was more important that just continuing to breathe is irrelevant. That the unnecessary and callous shutdowns triggered the execution of that decision is relevant.

What does that tell you about how important quality of life is to some people.

My Mother elected the same thing, death over no quality of life, she just could not kill herself, so she died more slowly and painfully.

My message is the shutdowns and protocols are killing people and severely damaging their futures long term. It is damaging my children’s education and I care about that

You don’t seem to care about any of that. I am sorry for you.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Lol. Its quite impressive how consistently you project the absolute worst motivations and intentions onto anyone who isn't in complete lock step with your thinking.

You must think it makes you and or your positions more morally appealing, but really it just reveals a lack of intellectual integrity.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
https://apple.news/AKoMFr3VwT2WccMrQJRdfaw

And yet another story about the impact of the hysteria created around CoVid-19. But you keep pumping up the fear.

More suicides than CoVid-19 deaths in Japan.
Japan actually appears to be closing out 2020 with the lowest number of suicides in the last 10 year. It seems that worst case, the numbers could end up being equivalent to the numbers they had the last two years.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/622065/japan-suicide-number/

Hmm.... its almost like some folks present incomplete information in order to push a particular narrative.

·
I don't even know....what I'm doing here....
8,887 Posts
Very simply, she elected to die rather than go through another shutdown and be cut off from those she loved. When she made the decision that quality of life was more important that just continuing to breathe is irrelevant. That the unnecessary and callous shutdowns triggered the execution of that decision is relevant.

What does that tell you about how important quality of life is to some people.

My Mother elected the same thing, death over no quality of life, she just could not kill herself, so she died more slowly and painfully.

My message is the shutdowns and protocols are killing people and severely damaging their futures long term. It is damaging my children’s education and I care about that

She made her decision before Covid hit.

You’re using this older woman to advance your narrative.

I don’t care and I don’t fear this bug. It is what it is.

But you’re taking advantage of a situation to manipulate her decision to fit your paradigm. I don’t care one way or the other about your stance on the issue. I’ve lost people. I’ve had brushes with death. We all die. Everyone understands that. You’re not teaching anyone anything they don’t already understand.

But you’re taking advantage of the elderly by using this particular story to support your stance on this issue, which is pretty much a non issue for me.

And taking advantage of the elderly makes you very nearly criminal. Move on to another story.

And for ****s sake, leave old people out of your crapstorm.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
She made her decision before Covid hit.

You’re using this older woman to advance your narrative.

I don’t care and I don’t fear this bug. It is what it is.

But you’re taking advantage of a situation to manipulate her decision to fit your paradigm. I don’t care one way or the other about your stance on the issue. I’ve lost people. I’ve had brushes with death. We all die. Everyone understands that. You’re not teaching anyone anything they don’t already understand.

But you’re taking advantage of the elderly by using this particular story to support your stance on this issue, which is pretty much a non issue for me.

And taking advantage of the elderly makes you very nearly criminal. Move on to another story.

And for ****s sake, leave old people out of your crapstorm.
I didn’t write the story. The story said she decided it was time to execute her plan because of another impending shutdown. When she decided she would end her life if quality life wasn’t there is only relevant to her being of sound mind when she did it.

Don’t like my posts move on. I am tired of the negative crap people like you post. Get over yourself. I am tired of the endless fear mongering. The reaction to the pandemic is causing more problems than the disease, this is just another example.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Japan actually appears to be closing out 2020 with the lowest number of suicides in the last 10 year. It seems that worst case, the numbers could end up being equivalent to the numbers they had the last two years.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/622065/japan-suicide-number/

Hmm.... its almost like some folks present incomplete information in order to push a particular narrative.
From the story “The National Police Agency said suicides surged to 2,153 in October alone,”, you do know what surged means, it means increased.

From the story, “Experts say the pandemic has exacerbated mental health issues due to prolonged lockdowns, isolation from family members, unemployment and other financial concerns, and a lack of school structure.”

I didn’t present incomplete information. I cited a story about the impact of the reaction to the fear mongering that people like you do.

I am sick of the fear mongering. I am showing the other side that you clearly don’t like shown. Fascist like to suppress information, I want the suppressed side seen here too. Get over it.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
From the story “The National Police Agency said suicides surged to 2,153 in October alone,”, you do know what surged means, it means increased.

From the story, “Experts say the pandemic has exacerbated mental health issues due to prolonged lockdowns, isolation from family members, unemployment and other financial concerns, and a lack of school structure.”

I didn’t present incomplete information. I cited a story about the impact of the reaction to the fear mongering that people like you do.
Yes, I read the article about this 'surge' and the quotes in the article.

And then, because I'm a curious person who likes to actually know the facts, I googled annual Japanese suicides and saw that despite this "surge", they actually remain on track to have the lowest number of suicides in 10 years.

So yes, you did post incomplete information.

I will grant that perhaps you didn't intent do, you just fell victim to a news source (Fox, in this case) that much like yourself, is mostly interested in putting forth a preferred narrative.

I am showing the other side that you clearly don’t like shown. Fascist like to suppress information, I want the suppressed side seen here too. Get over it.
Ooh, an accusation of fascism! I'm so shocked that you'd attack me whilst totally ignoring all the facts you've been confronted wiht!

·
King Doofus.
5,813 Posts
Just wait till we see what this has done to the children in the next few years. All these nuerotic idiots turning their kids into anxiety stricken zombies. Maybe that's part of the plan too.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ooh, an accusation of fascism! I'm so shocked that you'd attack me whilst totally ignoring all the facts you've been confronted wiht!
I didn't accuse anyone of fascism, I said suppressing information is fascism. That you take that as attack on you, and accusing you of fascism, is very telling, as you must believe that you are trying to suppress information. I made no such accusation.

Even if this year becomes the lowest year in a decade of suicides in Japan, does not mean it would not mean that without CoVid and the corresponding fear mongering, that suicides would not have been even lower.

I am merely presenting a portion of the available information that does not get much exposure, or if it gets exposure, that is ridiculed. The consensus, in science, has been proven wrong many times. That is how we advance.

·
Registered
31,482 Posts
How many people have died from COVID that would have gladly "suffered" through a lockdown for a while?

None, right, because COVID never killed anybody, according to some of you knuckle-dragging Neanderthals.

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
I know a few people, who deprived of family in nursing homes, just stopped eating , turned to the wall , and died.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
How many people have died from COVID that would have gladly "suffered" through a lockdown for a while?

None, right, because COVID never killed anybody, according to some of you knuckle-dragging Neanderthals.
Plenty suffered through the shutdown and still died with CoVid-19. 10 of millions suffered and never got sick. How very effective to put 10s of millions of very low risk people out of work, instead using the same money to better protect the most vulnerable. The governors followed bad advise from the experts that was contrary to every pandemic of the past. What evidence do we have that lives were even saved?

Not baseless projections versus deaths but actual evidence.

Having people that are not infected wear masks to keep from infecting others with a disease that they don’t have is monumentally wasteful and stupid.

I find it strange that you seem to relish reporting every new death with CoVid-19.

·
Registered
31,342 Posts
If your folks don’t understand the difference between cases and deaths then they are stupid and that is nobody’s fault but their own.

Nobody is even trying to confuse anyone about this.
The media words it just so. I’ve read headlines that makes it sound like cases equals deaths. I vaguely recall a headline talking about 40 million cases, but was worded in such a way that it could easily misconstrued to mean deaths.

·
Registered
31,342 Posts

I don’t know, do you? For sure? They consulted you personally? I can’t speak for these people, I’m fairly amazed that you can. Really it sounds like you are talking out of your rectum.

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Plenty suffered through the shutdown and still died with CoVid-19. 10 of millions suffered and never got sick. How very effective to put 10s of millions of very low risk people out of work, instead using the same money to better protect the most vulnerable.
So you complain about mass lockdowns saying we should have tailored our efforts more specifically to protect the most vulnerable, but yet also start this thread complaining about a nursing home, filled only with those most vulnerable people, locking down.

Hmmm.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts