Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Semper Paratus
28,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1312019

I am not gonna do it in the above thread but.. WTH are people thinking, a lone female guard left alonewhere she could be atatcked by a convicted male rapist...

Really who would put a woman guard alone in an area in charge of male inmates, did they learn nothing from Brian Nichols..

Someone really needs to think about what is going on, these predators should never be one on one with ANYONE let alone a woman.

If that makes me a sexist pig so be it, but an average man in prison is more than a match for about 98% of the female population in a 1 on 1 situation .

And I would bet MOST of the ladies working in these areas have never been in a serious physical confrontation in their life. It's a heck of a learning curve when the first time you 're in one it's a fight for your life.

Let's hope they look at this practice and make appropriate changes someone may need to be sent looking for a new job if they should have forseen this and did not act.

·
Crazy CO
18,146 Posts
Brother, back in the early to mid nineties something very much like this happened at the Missouri State Pen, back when I was working north of there in northern Missouri. She was seriously wounded on her head, by more than one inmate, and raped. IIRC she was not able to return to duty. I have come to the conclusion it is us looking out for each other, because management is looking mainly at the bottom dollar and how many employees they don't need to keep things going. I even remember one within the system I am working in now say that we're expendable, (which didn't go over well with my co-workers).

·
IWannaBeSedated
11,448 Posts
Why was THIS offender in a medium security prison? Who gets put in max?..........

·
Crazy CO
18,146 Posts
And why was he an inmate worker?
I don't know about Washington, but we have them, MAX or High IN Custody in Penitentiaries. MAX on a more restrictive schedule.

·
Keystone Cop
2,145 Posts
After raping and burning the waitress, why the $#&% was he paroled in 1993?!?! :steamed:

God Almighty.......have we as a people completely lost it? My spite for the bleeding heart crowd is justified every single day without any attempt on my part.

·
Registered
157 Posts
MY take is very simple. Those making decisions are unfit to do so. Their role in this tragedy and countless others speaks to ineffective promotion and lack of credible leadership.

·
Crazy CO
18,146 Posts
MY take is very simple. Those making decisions are unfit to do so. Their role in this tragedy and countless others speaks to ineffective promotion and lack of credible leadership.
Look at how many get in such a role based on their education and degrees. Wisdom only comes with experience, and many young leaders lack it.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
This is what happens when Corrections departments let treatment and councilors run the show instead of custody. No one who didn't come up through custody and walked a tier should ever run a prison...

·
Premium Member
6,837 Posts
I didn't want to comment in the other thread myself, but there may also be an issue here with hiring and training standards.

Then, there is the matter of our whole screwed up "justice" system. I followed up today on one of our turds that went to court on 11 Felony charges. 10 were dismissed, and he got three years' supervised probation for the last one.

I don't think there has been enough tragedy yet for the general public to understand just how horrible things are getting.... but I predict that it will come, after a whole lot more senseless tragedies like this.

God help us.

·
Crazy CO
18,146 Posts
I didn't want to comment in the other thread myself, but there may also be an issue here with hiring and training standards.

Then, there is the matter of our whole screwed up "justice" system. I followed up today on one of our turds that went to court on 11 Felony charges. 10 were dismissed, and he got three years' supervised probation for the last one.

I don't think there has been enough tragedy yet for the general public to understand just how horrible things are getting.... but I predict that it will come, after a whole lot more senseless tragedies like this.

God help us.
I agree. The public indeed hasn't a clue, especially with this type of thing. And, neither do some of the prosecuting attorneys.

·
Banned
3,647 Posts
1981 Greenhaven Prison in upstate New York. It was the first time in the United States that a female corrections officer had ever been killed inside a prison. Lemuel Smith, convicted murderer, brutalized Donna Payant and put her body in a dumpster. Her body was found at a local landfill. He was convicted based on bite marks.

Not for the faint hearted --> http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/notorious_murders/not_guilty/lemuel_smith/15.html

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Any member of a parole board that votes to release a violent offender should go to jail as an accessory (or whatever charge works) if the offender continues his violent ways.

·
Unfair Facist
26,963 Posts
Same type of thing happened in Fl a few years ago. A lone female correctional officer left alone with three inmates on a work detail AFTER dark, AFTER the yard was closed because the Warden wanted the building they were working on completed fast.

Two of the inmates were in for murder. They killed the female Correctional officer and tried to escape but were caught.

Both the Warden and the Chief correctional officer lost their jobs over the incident.

·
Banned
3,647 Posts
Any member of a parole board that votes to release a violent offender should go to jail as an accessory (or whatever charge works) if the offender continues his violent ways.
Any psychiatrist who determines a dangerous person is fit to re-enter society should lose his/her license if that person harms another.

·
Mr. Awesome
11,066 Posts
And now they'll have to hire another female just to keep the ratios within balance.

I sure wish we worked on the "best for the job" system.

·
Jagenden Übel
2,138 Posts
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1312019
I am not gonna do it in the above thread but.. WTH are people thinking, a lone female guard left alonewhere she could be atatcked by a convicted male rapist...

Really who would put a woman guard alone in an area in charge of male inmates, did they learn nothing from Brian Nichols..

Someone really needs to think about what is going on, these predators should never be one on one with ANYONE let alone a woman.

If that makes me a sexist pig so be it, but an average man in prison is more than a match for about 98% of the female population in a 1 on 1 situation .

And I would bet MOST of the ladies working in these areas have never been in a serious physical confrontation in their life. It's a heck of a learning curve when the first time you 're in one it's a fight for your life.

Let's hope they look at this practice and make appropriate changes someone may need to be sent looking for a new job if they should have forseen this and did not act.
I agree with you 100%, however no one other than the turd inmate will be punished. I'm sure there is no differentiation between male and female officers with the exception of strip searches in their SOP's. The bosses acted within policy, therefore they are GTG.

This is because someone, somewhere, was offended because a boss told someone exactly what you advocated should have happened here: "No, Mary, let John handle this...this guy is a bad ass". She sued, accused the boss as a being sexist, because she can do the same job as a man.

Well, this is the result. :shakehead:

EDIT: The same applies to skinny, tiny and/or heartless male officers. And there are some females on my department who can certainly hold their own.

I remember being a kid listening to my mom and dad (now a retired police chief) discuss women cops. My mother, all 5'3, 120 pounds, said that women could do the same job since they are more likely to be able to reason with an angry person (on the face, a sexist comment).

My dad, all 6'3, 260, responded: "Well, it's 2am, you're called to remove a problem patron at a bar. I'm drunk and not listening to anyone...now throw me out."

Ahhh...must have been nice when logic was the order of the day rather than political-correctness.

·
ZOG/MORON LUBE
342 Posts
Call me sexist if you want, but I am very protective when it comes to the female officers I work with in the jail. I keep my head on a swivel when they are on the floor. Way too many horny perverts in there.

Can a female do the job just as well as me? Yes. Can she take an ass whooping as well as me? I'm not gonna find out.

·
Premium Member
6,837 Posts
Call me sexist if you want, but I am very protective when it comes to the female officers I work with in the jail. I keep my head on a swivel when they are on the floor. Way too many horny perverts in there.

Can a female do the job just as well as me? Yes. Can she take an ass whooping as well as me? I'm not gonna find out.
Not me. They demand equal treatment, and that's what they get from me. There are some women that are suited for this type of work, but most are not, IMO.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts