Sometimes it's just not your night.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Annhl8rX, Mar 10, 2010.

1. Annhl8rX

Annhl8rX

It all started when I left for work. I got about half way there and realized I forgot an important piece of equipment. I turned around, headed back to the house, and picked it up. Luckily, I leave way earlier than necessary, so I was still going to get there on time.

Notice I say I was going to get there on time. On the second trip toward work, some fool in front of me completely stopped when approaching an exit ramp. There wasn't even anybody exiting at the time, they just abruptly stopped. I stopped to keep from hitting them, but the person behind me wasn't able to do the same and rear ended me. Nobody was hurt and there was very little damage to my truck...just the rear bumper. The lady who hit me didn't fare so well in the damage department. The front of her Sonata has definitely seen better days. I called and let my supervisors know I would be late, waited for the police to show up and do the report, and got back on my way.

Even with the delay, I was still only about 15 minutes late. I got dressed, got in my work vehicle (which is new and set up differently than the others), and headed to my first call location. As I turned on to the street, I started looking for the location of the control box for overhead lights so I could see the house numbers in the dark. I located the box and looked up just in time to see the front of my car collide with the rear of a parked car. It was a low speed deal with minimal damage and I wasn't hurt. This was around an hour after my first wreck of the day.

After that I, at the suggestion of supervision, decided it might be a good idea to take vacation for the rest of the day. Tomorrow I'll start fresh and hopefully not have such problems.

Really, I feel pretty lucky. I was involved in two accidents in about an hour's time and three of the four vehicles involved have probably less than $1000 damage combined. I actually feel worse for the first lady that hit me than I do myself, as she told me she had just been laid off.

2. hoffy

hoffy

Yup, pretty crappy day, but you went home and are ok, I hate it when people stop abruptly for no reason, probably dropped phone while texting. I got hit last year while on my motorcycle by a kid who was probably texting according to witnesses, not a good year, last year.

3. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

When days start like that... call in sick.

4. glock19_fan

glock19_fan ... --- ...

Are you a taxi driver?

5. Annhl8rX

Annhl8rX

The only problem with that was that I called in the night before because I was legitimately sick. I actually considered calling in again tonight because I was still feeling pretty crappy, but figured I could make it through the night.

6. Annhl8rX

Annhl8rX

Yeah, but there's really only one destination to which I deliver.

7. okie

okie GT Mayor

I'm so very sorry my friend, I'm thankful your weren't hurt though:phew::angel:

8. glock19_fan

glock19_fan ... --- ...

Glad no one was seriously hurt... that's the best outcome.

9. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

It sounds like Murphy was in charge today. :yuck: Glad no one got hurt and the damage was minor.

Hope tommorow's a much better day for you.

10. RioKid

RioKid

Ya gotta watch for those parked cars, they'll jump right out in front of ya right at the last second.:supergrin:

Some days it just don't pay to get out of bed. I am glad you didn't get hurt and hope you get to feeling better soon.:wavey: