Glock Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
CLM #38
11,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had something happen today that just left a smile on my face all day.

Forgive me if I indulge myself a little, but having been retired for seven years you begin to wonder if you still can cut it.

Today I was driving to my silly retirement job when traffic slowed down immensely. Stay to the right and coming around a blind curve I see the cause. One lane of the three is closed due to construction and the middle lane has tow cars stopped dead. I see that there's two mopes "assuming the position" hands on the rear window of their SUV with an obviously nervous plainclothes cop covering them while his partner tosses the car.

I knew immediately it was a Narco team doing God's work and the kid was nervous because of the traffic. I go through the cones into the construction lane and brake to a stop while exiting the car (bad noises coming from my tranny). I pop out and the kid looks at me and I ask him if he needs help. He immediately puts on the "THANK CHRIST" look and says yeah. With this the mutt on the right looks at me and takes one hand off of the car. I told him not to even think about it or I would throw him off the elevated highway. He immediately became meek.

At this point a large black SUV with blacked out windows slams to a stop next to my vehicle. Out pop four HUGE ESU guys in full gear, vests and M4's slung.:supergrin::supergrin: Who would have believed a CAT car would have been passing by just at that instant? They approach and we all begin to smile. Just then I hear LOU!!!!!!!!! and one of the E-men runs over to me and grabs me in a bear hug. He was a rookie I worked with in the 70 Pct right after Louima. We're hugging and laughing and the rest of his crew just smirk and start cuffing up our two somewhat forlorn guests for transpo.

We had a quick catchup chat about friends and such. During the discussion he asks me what my command is now and I tell him "retired" for seven years. His team Sergeant looks at me and his jaw drops. "You're retired and you stopped to help these guys on a highway?" I figured he thought I was a butthole so I apologized telling him I couldn't just drive by two guys who looked like they needed help.

He laughed and said "No apology necessary, it's great that you were willing to step in". Anyway things got wrapped up and we all went on our merry ways with me feeling just a little bit better about myself.

Being retired and out of the game sucks, but every once in a while something nice can happen.

· Unfair Facist
30,612 Posts
You lucky bastard, I never run across anything, where I might have the opportunity...errr.... get too....errrr.... HAVE too, smack some dirtbag upside the head.

· Unfair Facist
30,612 Posts
Figurative smackdowns are not as much fun as real ones.

:rofl:

· Crazy CO
18,146 Posts
I haven't had to smack down anyone for a good while at work. Woe to the person when it happens, as the urge to has been building under pressure.:whistling:

Good on you SeanMac.:thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts