close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sometimes I Do Have to Be Hit By Lighting..

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Carrys, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

For all my huffing and puffing, at times I do have to be hit by that proverbial bolt of lightening to see things straight. I've always wondered just why control of student loans was in the "health care" bill, which neither has anything to do with health or care. Then it hit me.

I recently saw a report by doctors, not me or the media but doctors, that said up to 48% of them would retire or otherwise leave the profession if little o care passed. I thought darn, that's a lot of doctors gone out of the system, how would we make up the difference and how would that effect our care?

Then it struck me, if all the student loan money was controlled even more tightly by the "govt", guess where it would go? To medical schools and medical students of course. Schools who would then have to design courses and graduate students who met the govts design of what a "good" doctor was. Students who would then owe the govt for their education and have to meet govt guidelines of what they did, who they saw, and where they worked. In other words, govt doctors, working in a govt plan, and who would have to do as the govt dictated.

What a way to have govt control the medical field and profession,all through the "back door". As has been this Administrations want all along.

I don't always act dumb, sometimes I just am.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  2. Tenngunner

Tenngunner

Just another good reason why this must fail. If you haven't call or email your congressman.

3. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Welcome to the party, Carrys. :supergrin:

Some evil SOBs they are.

<-----------thinks government-subsidized student loans and grants are unconstitutional, responsible for the ridiculously high cost of higher education and rapid price inflation, and should be banned.

4. Blinky

Blinky Rocket Surgeon

I'm confused, is someone throwing lamps at you?

:tongueout:

5. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Yes sir, I believe they'll do to "higher education" what section 8 did to housing.

6. Carrys

Carrys Inquisitive

Just typed too fast. Like I said, I don't always act dumb.................:whistling: