close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Sometimes, "don't talk to the police" is good advice.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Bren, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I am usually the one saying don't talk to the police is stupid advice, given by amateurs and lawyers who don't deal with legitimate self-defense enough to understand the law.

However, I also mention there are exceptions - mainly when you did something illegal.

Minn. man says he 'fired more shots than I needed'

A few samples of what not to say:

So then he dragged the male's dead body down to his workshop and sat in a chair waiting for the female burglar - shot her in the hip with a Mini-14 - it jammed, of course (it's a Mini-14) so s laughed at him and:
    The next day he asked a neighbor to recommend a good lawyer, :rofl:

So yes, if you are stupid and a psychopath - by all means, don't talk to the police.

Are their any carry Issues or Survival and Prep members we haven't heard from in a few days?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  2. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

TBO beat you to it. Somebody must have talked to him by mistake

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Oh, well. I liked my title better.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  5. glock_collector

glock_collector

What a nightmare for all involved. I am concerned as an instructor, just north of this mess, some of the media stories almost made it sound alright to kill someone over money or property.

6. Gallium

Gallium CLM

WTF is this? Some other dude also beat you about the drowned family trying to save the dog. :supergrin:

I prefer your analysis/breakdown of this shooting. The dude was nuts. It is reported he used to travel all over the globe for the US Dept of State.

7. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

The cops ought to cut him a break; he didn't want to bother them on Thanksgiving. :rofl:

WP

8. USMCgs3

USMCgs3

Is it not?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Like I said: Are there any Carry Issues or Survival and Prep members we haven't heard from in a few days? Maybe Tactics & Training?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  10. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Some more recent articles with some insights into the people involved in this shooting. Obviously, the good side of the two teenagers, but hardly what we usually get from the average teen thug:

Then the shooter - something creepy here:

Retired guy in his 60's, single and lived alone, involved in scouting and letting teenagers hang around his house. Seems like a stereotype from a serial killer movie (not far off from John Waybe Gacy) but maybe that's just me.

Yes, the things that attracted my attention are very one-sided and support my opinion, so thanks in advance to those of you about to post that.

11. mac66

mac66 Huge Member Millennium Member

It probably wasn't too many years ago when most people would say "hey, someone breaks into your house they deserve what they get. You pretty much can do anything you want to them and the police would look the other way."

Times and attitudes has changed. Criminals are victims now and everything is judge by PC and different standards. I am not defending this idiot, just saying that he would have been judged differently back in the day.

Back to the topic, if you are going to execute someone in your house by all means tell the police what you did so they can lock your crazy arse up.

12. countrygun

countrygun

Something doesn't "click" here.

Given what has been said about the shooter, if true and well known,, why in the world would they pick HIS house to burglarize?

13. *ASH*

*ASH* FURBANITE

maybe he made it look like a burglary , :whistling::whistling: , lets say :whistling::whistling: teenagers were invited over or came over , then lets say he tried to get cozy with one or both , things went south and BAM

14. countrygun

countrygun

All kinds of speculation is possibe, to include your scenario, or (lacking an MEs report, drug fed stupidity on their part. I am just sceptical about it being as "straightforward as it seems to appear at first blush.

15. kenpoprofessor

kenpoprofessor

Is not property and money life? I work very hard for the money I earn, and I don't steal, so the money I spend on property is like taking a part of my life I've spent.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

16. PBR Sailor

PBR Sailor

It would be a good idea to consult with a GOOD lawyer before giving a statement to the police when in custody. If you are not in custody, choose your words carefully. It's not often what you say, but how you say it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  17. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Thank you Bren for laying it out. I passed over the other thread. Your posts and others here have brought a different light into this....... Incident.

I hope the investigators take their time and really work for the facts.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire