Something's wrong with my 27

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by cmac212, Feb 27, 2010.

1. cmac212

cmac212 Praise Jesus!

So I bought the Pearce 2733 +1 extenders, wasn't too hard to get them on once I figured it out. Got the 10 rounds in (kinda tight) and went to insert the mag into the gun...wouldn't quite slide in all the way, so I pushed a little harder and it got up in there, but now something rattles! With the gun assembled, I shake it and can hear something moving around. Rack it back, can still hear it, just not as bad. Take the slide off and shake, can't hear a thing. Anyone know what this could be? I live in Jax, so if anyone knows of a good armorer around here, please let me know! Thanks in advance.

2. 1canvas

1canvas

its probably the mag. i'm not sure how a loaded mag with that kind of tension can do it but it will. i have seen others posts and replies a few times on general glocking.

3. Marc1017

Marc1017

My 2733 does the same thing when i try and load 12 into my 26. I only put 11 in though and no rattles.

4. 1SGMP

1SGMP Veteran

Hi
    It's probably a loose round inside the magazine. Thie will not effect the functioning of your weapon. Try slapping the back of the magazine agains the palm of your hand. This slap will seat the rounds closer to the rear of the magazine. Again not an issue but it is annoying.
    1SGMP
    Out

5. Polak

Polak (pō'lāk')

Something rattling is normal with full mags. Is the magazine new? Maybe the spring has to break in before it gets easier to put the 10th round in.

6. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

Remove 1 rd from magazine, reinsert, shake pistol. Rattle gone?

If so, remove magazine and place rd #10 back into magazine. Disregard rattle from now on.

:cool:

7. cmac212

cmac212 Praise Jesus!

Forgot to mention that it still rattles with the mag out. Sounds like it's coming from in the slide. By pushing it in so hard, could I have damaged something? I thought these guns were unstoppable, haha!!

8. kda

kda NRA Life Member

I suspect it is just the striker pin moving in the striker pin channel. It sounds just like the test (when you have the slide off) ... the test you run to make certain the striker channel is not filling up with gunk.

My 26, with the trigger pulled, rattles pretty freely with or without a magazine in place. The same 26, after I've pulled the trigger (striker is fully forward) barely rattles at all, i.e. I really have to shake pretty hard and listen carefully. It is the same with or without a snap cap in the breech.

9. voyager4520

voyager4520

My guess would be either there's a round in the magazine that doesn't have compression on it because of the double stack design, which is normal. Or you have no round in the chamber and the trigger rearward, which means there's no compression on the firing pin, so it's rattling back and forth inside. This is also normal.

If there's a round in the magazine rattling, you could unload then reload the magazine, making sure to keep all of the rounds seated against the rear of the magazine as you load them. If it still rattles, use your thumb to push the rounds down into the magazine, then ease them back up, again trying to keep them seated against the rear of the magazine.

When I load my magazines, I use the loading tool that came with my gun. I use it to push the rear of the top round down, while using my finger to simultaneously push the front of the round down. Then I move my finger, keep the round held down with the loading tool, and load the next round. The whole time I try to keep all of the rounds toward the rear of the magazine.

I've heard that pushing the rounds down, letting them back up, and slapping the rear of the magazine into the flat horizontal palm of your other hand will usually put equal tension on all rounds and seat them against the rear of the magazine.

It's the firing pin moving back and forth because the trigger is rearward and there's no tension on the firing pin. It's completely normal. It should only happen though if the trigger is rearward.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  10. Hairy

Hairy

Striker moving.....normal

11. Hairy

Hairy

12. CynicX

CynicX

Rattle with the trigger back is normal. G17 and G32 both do it, completely unmodified.

13. tango44

tango44

Firing pin moving inside the slide, normal go out an shoot the G27, great carry gun!

14. cmac212

cmac212 Praise Jesus!

It's never done it before, how can it be normal? Oh well, you guys probably know more about these things than I do! Thanks for the link Hairy, very good video.

15. fuzzy03cls

fuzzy03cls

Never had a 3some either but they do happen sometimes. :)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010