Something new in VA gun purchase or....

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Bado, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Bado

Bado

Am I a dummy for not knowing this maybe?

A couple of weeks ago I was going to buy 2 Glocks on the same day. When I went in to do the purchase I was told if I purchase 2 or more in the same week, they have to fill out another form that goes to the ATF. So I waited a week on the second Glock so that form did not have to be sent. They (dealer) said they were just found out about that and that they never knew they had to do that. Anyone else know about this? I do have a CHP in VA.

2. Jon_R

Jon_R

It has been around for a while and I have had it happen to me a few times. I don't give it a second thought. I assume it is to try and track straw purchases. If they are getting reports every week for a couple of months on a person buying 5+ pistols at a time ATF will probably pay them a visit to see where they went. If they can legally ask or not I don't know but I am sure that is the point of the requirement.

3. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

4. Bado

Bado

I figured that was it. I also checked the State Police website on gun purchase laws but did not find anything on it about this requirement.

5. Bado

Bado

6. vafish

vafish

It's been that way for years. Surprised that an FFL dealer didn't know about it.