Glock Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
7,086 Posts
Good to hear from you, M2. Hope all is well with you and your family.

It appears that Oregon has now surpassed California as the worst political toilet West of the Missipissi.

We need a President with really great hair, and a world-renowned neurosurgeon as his running mate.

· Registered
11,886 Posts
The 9th will overrule the OSSC. Then again, we are writing about the 9th . . .

Of course, out here, you can't frisk a person for weapons without an articulable reason.

· Registered
5,536 Posts
Yup, more kommiefornia law invades Oregon. I feel sorry for the police and the honest citizens of that state.

· Galloglaich
508 Posts
I love the Mayan "13" above his left eye, things seem to have gotten somewhat worse in the sixteen years since I left there.

· Registered
38,648 Posts
Yup, more kommiefornia law invades Oregon. I feel sorry for the police and the honest citizens of that state.
No OR is worse than CA in some ways.

One of our guys left here for there then came back and they do some stupid stuff up there.

To be honest they could stand to be a little like CA. In some ways. Their gun laws are better.

· Massive Member
27,153 Posts
I thought you could always ask, they don't have to answer, if they do it's consensual. Search is different, but even a Terry stop let's you do quick frisk for weapons. How can it be improper to just ask?

Randy

· Registered
11,886 Posts
How can it be improper to just ask?
As improper as it is to ask if they are in the country illegally (when you know they are).

· Registered
7,829 Posts
I thought you could always ask, they don't have to answer, if they do it's consensual. Search is different, but even a Terry stop let's you do quick frisk for weapons. How can it be improper to just ask?

Randy
That was my question as well.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

· Massive Member
27,153 Posts
As improper as it is to ask if they are in the country illegally (when you know they are).
That's a policy though, I got the impression this was considered legally improper by the court, maybe I misread... I just skimmed that one... So hard to read fine print while you're shaking your head... ;)

Randy

· Registered
802 Posts
I see a USSC case in the works, depending on how the appellate court works. That's very bad case law, in my opinion.
Here is the opinion:

http://www.publications.ojd.state.or.us/docs/S062473.pdf

The decision was based on a (faulty) interpretation of the Oregon Constitution. There won't be a USSC reversal here. This is a case of a State Supreme Court creatively interpreting a provision of the State Constitution to grant greater protection than the 4th Amendment requires.

It's irresponsibly stupid and devoid of any rational legal reasoning. However, that's par for the course for the courts all over the spectrum today.

· Code-7A KUZ769
3,251 Posts
Reactions: steveksux
1 - 15 of 15 Posts