Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not allowed to give any details, I work for a armored car company. One of the guys at my branch had someone run up behind him and give him a couple good shots with a pistol to the back of the head(Pistol whipped) and snatch his bag of money. He is ok except for a slight concusion and being really pissed off right now. This happened in Philadelphia, PA today.

·
Searching
9,188 Posts
Aren't cowards fun? :steamed:

·
GT Mayor
64,670 Posts
That's a big bite of a crap sandwich, my friend:alex::faint:

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Aren't cowards fun? :steamed:
I would have called him considerate for just pistol whipping him. Same thing happened down the road from me a year or two ago but turned out alot worse.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I am not allowed to give any details, I work for a armored car company. One of the guys at my branch had someone run up behind him and give him a couple good shots with a pistol to the back of the head(Pistol whipped) and snatch his bag of money. He is ok except for a slight concusion and being really pissed off right now. This happened in Philadelphia, PA today.

For someone thats not allowed to give any details, there sure are alot of details! :supergrin:

·
Inquisitive
13,123 Posts
I would have called him considerate for just pistol whipping him. Same thing happened down the road from me a year or two ago but turned out alot worse.

"Armored Car" type of security always left me with a sour taste in my mouth. They pay guys.....well, not the best they could, expect them to guard money so large of amounts that folks will kill the whole city to get it, and spend enough to buy a small country to make certain the guards don't steal it. But just from what I hear, they don't act as if they care about the guards safety that much. Money.....we have to protect it with the guards lives, the guards.....oh well, we'll hire again Friday.

I understand most Companies allow the guards to put their hands on their guns as they carry the money to and fro.....but dang, that doesn't do much good when some knothead has them lined up in the sights of a M4, 870, or even a .45. As you said, they're just as apt to shoot first.....just to make sure they aren't hurt you understand.

I'm afraid I would look too much like Tackleberry if I had to carry any cash to anyone.

Are you forced to use only issue type of gear, firearms included.....or can you use your own if you desire? I have several types of vests and more than enough firearms I would use, if they would let me. Though none of that would protect one from that knothead if he truly wanted the money I suppose.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Good old Philthadelphia.... "The city of Brotherly Love" my ass! Glad this wasn't any worse than it was and that he is going to be ok!

·
Registered
8,747 Posts
Dumb Question...where was his partner?

·
Banned
10,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Are you forced to use only issue type of gear, firearms included.....or can you use your own if you desire? I have several types of vests and more than enough firearms I would use, if they would let me. Though none of that would protect one from that knothead if he truly wanted the money I suppose.
We are issued S&W M&P full size 40's and given all Safariland gear. We carry 2 spare mags and a level 2 or 3 vest, I can't remember. Pay sucks, medical sucks, hrs suck:crying:

·
Registered
53 Posts
At the bank i used to go to in LA when the one guard carried the money bag another guard watched him with his gun in hand.

·
Legal Thief
413 Posts
Probably driving, I Think its SOP they stay in the truck.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Wow, that is bad news. However, like others have said, at least he is OK.
Sounds like nothing can be taken as "routine".
Too bad no one saw what was happening and helped him.
Situational awareness can never be stressed enough.
Stay safe out there M&P Shooter.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts