Glock Talk banner

Some random thoughts on the Mumbai incident

234 Views 1 Reply 2 Participants Last post by  Dragoon44
The situation which took place in Mumbai last week was an interesting one on several levels. It would appear that the police of the city had no training (none – nada – zero – zilch) in and with the firearms they were issued. Most had been issued thirty rounds of ammunition for their firearms, but had not been instructed in how to use their firearms (certainly there was no retraining if they even had had some basic instruction when first hired). There are no ranges for them to practice in the Mumbai area even if the powers that be were inclined to have their people actually train.

I am speculating here a bit, but I would bet a sugar coated donut and a large cup of coffee that the officers had little or no training in tactics either.

So, what did we see? A relatively small number of well trained, modestly equipped, dedicated and motivated men (I don’t care whether you like them or not –I’d blow their brains out in a second given the opportunity– they were in fact dedicated and motivated) kept a major city at bay for days because, except for the specially trained forces that took many hours to respond, there was no one who could reasonably have been expected to deal with them.

Looking once again into my crystal ball (all chiefs of police are issued crystal balls…) my guess is the Indian government will not respond to this incident as they should; by making sure their law officers are properly trained and equipped to at least deal with such a situation as first responders pending the arrival of well trained and heavily armed support forces.
See less
The situation which took place in Mumbai last week was an interesting one on several levels. It would appear that the police of the city had no training (none – nada – zero – zilch) in and with the firearms they were issued. Most had been issued thirty rounds of ammunition for their firearms, but had not been instructed in how to use their firearms (certainly there was no retraining if they even had had some basic instruction when first hired). There are no ranges for them to practice in the...
See more
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Unfair Facist
28,871 Posts
Looking once again into my crystal ball (all chiefs of police are issued crystal balls…) my guess is the Indian government will not respond to this incident as they should; by making sure their law officers are properly trained and equipped to at least deal with such a situation as first responders pending the arrival of well trained and heavily armed support forces.
I think in the long run the Indian Govt. will decide that all they lost were people and they have plenty more of those.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts