Glock Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone local wants to work out a trade and this glock 23 is what they have.
I know nothing about older glocks.
Curious if this would have any added value or not really. The trade value on it would be about $350. Is that fair?
Also, would glock provide modern internals for free if I wanted to put them in it?
Here is the info on it:

1991 dated.
Original Tupperware box with serial number
Two-piece recoil guide assembly
2 original FML "U" notch hi cap 13 rnd. mags
unmarked ejector
cleaning rod and brush never used..
factory installed Trijicon night sights
rare factory black coated internals
in excellent 2 near mint condition (under 30 rounds through it since 1991)
no light rail , no finger grooves.
original paperwork in original envelope

·
Registered
120 Posts
No real collectors value.
Some of us prefer the lack of a light rail and finger grooves, makes for a 'cleaner' carry gun.

As far as internals go, use em til something happens then swap them for modern.

Price?
Looking at one for my own use, and after shipping and everything will be in I about thay much so its a decent price, especially with no added dealers fees.

·
Registered
11,993 Posts
My best for me Glock is my G-23 "CUG" prefix, well worn, very accurate, and I changed out the extractor and recoil spring assembly over the years. Those non drop free, U on the back older style mags, seem to command a few dollars, one selling here on GT in the for sale section for $50 shipped I think, and you could buy newer ones with the $ you make. Any Glock armorer can change out your internals with an upgrade. get it, enjoy it.

·
Registered
807 Posts
My Gen2 G23 was my first GLOCK and I purchased it new in 1995. It always has run 100%.

Good gun and my son still carries it. Some of the older Gen guns in 40 caliber had less chamber support at the rear 6 o'clock position than they do now. I remember getting bulging in my spent cases with some of the hotter factory loads through my Gen2 G23 that I don't get with my Gen4 guns.

Edmo

·
Federal Member
30,477 Posts
Buy it!!

I have a Gen 2 G23 BLZ date code (July 1995)

All I changed was the sights and slide release.

:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.