Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share some pictures that I took from my vacation in Hawaii..

View from my hotel room..

Waikiki Beach..

Diamond Head..

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sandy Beach..

Hanauma Bay...

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
North Shore, Banzi Pipeline, Massive Winter Waves!!

Kailua Beach, East Shore...

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Nu'uanu Park...

Dog The Bounty Hunter's Bail Bond Business...

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
National Cemetery of The Pacific, Located on Punchbowl Crater...

View of Honolulu From Punchbowl...

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
USS Missouri..

Note the USS Arizona Memorial in the Distance, The Beginning of WWII as Seen From the Ship that Ended WWII...

This Dented in Spot is where a Kamakazi Pilot hit the side of the ship during WWII...

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
USS Arizona Memorial, where over 1,100 men are still entombed at the spot where they gave their lives on Dec. 7th 1941..

·
♥Meezers♥
6,738 Posts
very nice Ryan........thanks for posting those!!

I was in Hawaii in 1973 when I was a kid, my family and I were on our way back from living 2 years in West Australia and we stayed there at Ft. DeRussy for a week. My dad was in the navy then.

We went to the Arizona memorial and dad made sure us kids (ages 12, 10 and 7) knew all about that, and he told us the whole story and made sure we respected it. We showed reverence at that memorial and knew why we were there.

Did you notice the oil still floating on the water there in the harbor?? Yep, the ship still leaks oil to this day. I think if something like that happened in this day and age we would recover the bodies of the dead from the ship, and I think the reverence of that memorial is that way because the bodies of the men were left there.

We went to the Polynesian cultural center as well as the Dole pineapple fields. It was then that I learned that fresh pineapple is the BOMB when eaten with SALT.....not Sugar!!!!!! SALT for me to this day!!!

Thanks for those pics. I gotta get back there one of these days!!!

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you notice the oil still floating on the water there in the harbor?? Yep, the ship still leaks oil to this day.
Yes... The "tears" of the Arizona as they call the leaking oil...

You can see the leaking oil in this picture...

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Thanks for the memories I lived there for 5 yrs. I think for the past two years mother nature has been working on getting my snow numbers back where they would have been without 5 winters in actual paradise.

Two icons you missed getting photos of. Trippler Army Medical Center aka the big pink building on the hill.

The Wyland mural in the lobby of the Navy exchange. Oh well, now you have an excuse to go back.

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you for the great pictures. Now would you like some pictures of our snow and ice from here in Ohio?:whistling:
Don't worry, I am back in Tennessee and this was my neighborhood a few weeks ago...

·
Southern Lady
14,751 Posts
I was there when I graduated from College. The USS Arizona was the most touching historical site I've ever seen.

I went back last spring and was SO disappointed because it was CLOSED for renovations!

I have to go back again!!

·
> OD Glock 32
4,431 Posts
Fantastic pictures. Felt like I was there!

Also, I was hoping you would have gotten a pic of a certain someone's birth certificate while you were there.... It sure would have solved a lot of arguing here. :rofl:

·
JAFO
14,054 Posts
Great pictures, thanks for posting them. :wavey:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts