Some people

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by boby, Jan 17, 2010.

1. boby

boby

I put an ad on craigs list for an old junk car I have thats just taking up space. When I told a guy asking questions that I would hold it for him (a lot of people asked, he was first) he responds:

I NEED A CAR SOO BAD ... I WANT IT FOR SURE.
    FOR SURE !!

my dad is helping me. he has a truck and trailer.
    i will be there ... 4 pm sharp if thats cool ... let me know when. i am free all day tomorrow.

So I call him at 5:00 PM and ask where the hell he is.

"Oh snap dog I forgot all about it, ill head out now."

How the hell do you forget you were going to buy a car? I bet he doesn't show...

2. Bado

Bado

First one to hand me the money gets it. Never hold for a stranger.

3. john58

john58 BHO is a LIAR!

Show me the money. First come first served. If it were me, who ever showed up with the green first gets it.

4. robin303

robin303 Helicopter Nut

You snooze you lose. :whistling: He sounds like a sharp knife in the drawer. :rofl:

5. boby

boby

He still isn't here so I've emailed all the other people that asked. I think I'm going to tell them anyone who shows up in the next 2 hours gets $50 off (only selling it for $300).

I know better than to trust people. I don't know what I was thinking.

6. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

I feel your pain. I have been trying to sell a car for about the last year and a half to no avail. It is in great shape. I originally bought it to build into a hogged up street car, but not enough extra funds or storage capability anymore.

I have had at least a dozen people call, come to look at it, and then tell me they would take it. But then when it came time for them to come up with the money, they would not show and I would never hear from them again.

I will not hold it for anybody. First one to show up with the money takes it home. I know how much it sucks, but some people have no integrity these days.

I would not be upset if any of them actually called ahead of time to tell me they were not going to take it. But when I re-arrange an entire Saturday to meet with them, and they never show or call to let me know...well, that really :steamed: me up.

Good luck on the sale!

7. Davegrave

Davegrave Dapper Dan

Craigslist is the WORST for these people. I think some people do it for entertainment. I always try to be the nice guy, and I've held stuff a million times and been screwed 95% of those times.
    Now I just do it first come first serve.