Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Firm member
30,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're having our annual wind gusts approaching 80mph this week blowing east out of Yellowstone. Wife parked at Walmart, wind caught her door and "bam!" right into the left side of the car next to her. She left a note, business card and three contact phone numbers under the wipers and went about her business. Less than an hour later, we were bombarded with a deluge of angry and abusive phone calls from the other owner. HH

·
Sarcasm Inc.
16,482 Posts
Some people are just mad at the world. Let her deal with your insurance company now instead of just paying her

Reactions: jame

·
Registered
189 Posts
Never leave your real phone number in such cases, always use Google Voice or a similar "burner".

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I put my truck into reverse in a parking lot covered in ice. I had a locker in the rear and the truck instantly slid sideways into the car next to it. No damage to my truck and a a ding and scuff mark on the car it bumped. 2am, nobody around. Giant apartment complex that my girlfriend lived in. I left my card with my insurance number and the 800 number to call. Took pictures of the damage and the card left under the wiper. I then filed a claim with my insurance company.

The police ended up coming to my house because it was reported that I did a hit and run. I showed the officer the photos I took, as well as the email confirmation of the claim. He apologized and said the owner of the car was a typical college student who was clueless about how life works.

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,061 Posts
Tell the abuser that your car was not involved, that you have an internet stalker.

·
Registered
8,939 Posts
Last year at a Home Depot a truck in front of me which had pulled into the spot put it into reverse and ran his trailer hitch into my license plate Just as I pulled into the spot. Probably did $30 in damage. Hit me at maybe 5 mph.

Gets out all apologetic. Popped my hood to make Sure it worked and nothing bent. Made sure no fluids were leaking and I just said it’s all good pay it forward.

we Ain’t all jerks.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
The country is worse because of people Ike that. Your wife did the right thing. Let’s hope that’s the end of it for you two.

·
NRA Life Member
5,004 Posts
Yikes, sorry to hear that.

WRT excess wind, in regions like that I've seen heavy nylon straps affixed between door frame and door to augment and help prevent the wind from grabbing the door and breaking the hinges. We saw this installed on every rental car in Iceland, where winds can be so extreme you have to be extremely cautious opening your door in many instances.

We called wind induced door damage, "The Keflavik crunch".

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
10,901 Posts
Sign of the times...I visited my normally very upbeat family doctor yesterday...noticed she was really "down"...said folks she is exposed to are just mean, rude and nasty...much more so since COVID-19 emerged...this is just another step in the deterioration of our society...hatred...in all forms seems to be on the rise nationally

·
NRA Life Member
66,456 Posts
We're having our annual wind gusts approaching 80mph this week blowing east out of Yellowstone. Wife parked at Walmart, wind caught her door and "bam!" right into the left side of the car next to her. She left a note, business card and three contact phone numbers under the wipers and went about her business. Less than an hour later, we were bombarded with a deluge of angry and abusive phone calls from the other owner. HH
Our state has a law against "angry and abusive" phone calls. People go to jail for it.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Parked at mall one day and when my son opened his passenger side door, the wind caught it and hit the truck next to us. The owner was sitting in the truck, got out and started getting irate. I walked over calmly to apologize as he was huffing and puffing about a dent in the side of his truck. As he started getting more irate, I swung door over to see where it would have made contact with his truck. The dent in his truck wasn't even near where my door would have made contact. There was only the slightest of dings from my door as it caught some fender trim. I told him we didn't do that and walked away.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Hope your contact info doesn't wind up on the Book of Faces.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Seems like every day I find another ding on our car. Tire scrapes on the front corner, dents on the rear corners. There are so many no driving SOBS in this world. None have ever left a note.
I think everyone but Dale Earnhardt Jr. has hit my car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts