Some older guys don't like it

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by cobrablade, Oct 30, 2004.

1. cobrablade

cobrablade

What do you think about getting your glocks engraved? A lot of the "senior members" flip out at the mention. Here's mine:[​IMG]

2. ColoradoGlocker

ColoradoGlocker Former Member

3. cobrablade

cobrablade

It also rumored to dig into the tenifer, but IT DOESN'T. That's why a lot of the other guys are against it. I thought long and hard about what I wanted, though. The response from people who've seen it in person has been overwhelmingly positive. If it ever really bothered me, I could have it refinished or get a new slide, but it never will. I just think it looks cool and kinda sets it apart.
    Then, i'm 27 and don't have any tattoos. Couldn't decide what I'd want inked into my flesh for life. Go figure.

4. Bogey

Bogey The Mouth® CLM

Don't think I'd want to engrave mine, but have been pondering a tattoo for a couple o0f years. Nothing obtrusive...just both of my daughter's names in a tasteful way and location.

5. cobrablade

cobrablade

I love tattoos on other people, but I would find it too distracting on myself.

6. chevrofreak

chevrofreak Senior Member

I think it looks cool, but tenifer is a big part of the reason I love Glocks.

7. Aphotic

Aphotic happy-go-lucky

I try to make things stand out a little bit, but I doubt I'd ever get a Glock engraved.

A firearm given to me as a gift, by say, Gaston Glock himself... well, I'd probably have a nice word or two carved into it.

I don't have any tattoos, but I've thought of an unobtrusive tat in a tasteful location... just haven't ever seen anything I'd want permanently placed on my gun or skin yet- so no deal.

8. RedTape

RedTape

I've never been a huge fan of engraved pistols. I really have no idea why. I do have a celtic cross on my upper right arm. Go figure.
    The cobra does look really nice though.

9. Walter45Auto

Walter45Auto

Nice Artwork. Who'd you have it done by??? I wouldn't get a tatoo though. I know a dude who's brother got one in the 60's, and he recently found out he has hepatitus (sp?) now. That and I can't think of anything I'd want on my skin for the rest of my life. My brother and most of my cousins all have at least one tatoo, but i just don't think I'd want to get one. Now getting guns engraved on the other hand, I would, BUT, Not anything too ornate that I'd be scared to carry the gun for fear of messing it up. I buy my guns to use. I've seen a Reminton 760 with a sraight grip stock and Lots of pretty engraving on it, a scene with deer running across a creek If I remember right, at a few gun sows around here, but I'd be too scared to mess that one up. Nothing wrong with dressing them up, but when you have so much of the fancy stuff on there that you're afraid to shoot the gun and carry it, you've gone too far with it.

;g

;8 ;I

10. cobrablade

cobrablade

11. Smiles007

Smiles007

If I was in the military, I might get my unit's insignia engraved on the slide, but other than that I probably would not do it. If the pistol was given to me as a special gift, I would consider putting the date or something on there though too. I have to say that the cobra does look pretty cool.

12. Vincent Black

Vincent Black Need a cup?

I have thought about getting my GLOCK engraved, but I just can't decide on what I want. I guess that is what stops a lot of people from going through with it. Oh well, maybe one of these days I might just decide on what I want and have it done.;) By the way cobrablade, that cobra kicks ***!:cool:

13. Tackhammer

Tackhammer V.I.P.

Monday I am sending my slide out to Zipgraver to have a tribal rebel put on it. If I like it on the gun I may bet one to match on my arm or back. I will send pics once the slide comes back. I can't wait. Zipgraver's work is phenomenal. This will be the first time I use him, but I have seen his work. AWESOME!!! Also I told him what I was thinking of doing, sent him a pic, and he sent back a proof of what it would look like. ALL IN THE SAME DAY!

Tackhammer

14. cobrablade

cobrablade

He's fast and does exceptional work. I'll never regret it.

15. Egrah57367

Egrah57367 Member

I like it I think gives the pistol it's own little personality ,so I say more power to you. :)

16. BlondeGlockGirl

BlondeGlockGirl

I've never thought about it before. But I would maybe do it if it's safe for my G34! ;f

17. beachside39

beachside39

It looks good to me. My problem is that I have five (5) Glocks. I suppose I could engrave something different on each one... but what? I hate decisions like that.

My blued S&W 36 J-frame has some factory "laser engraving" and it looks nice but I don't think about it much.

18. Roundeyesamurai

Roundeyesamurai Sensei Member

I don't flip out at the mention of Glock engraving, but I'd not do it on any of mine, for the following reason:

If I were prosecuted (or sued) after a shooting, I'd rather have the jury see a plain-jane instrument of self-defense, than have them see a pistol adorned with decoration.

Joe and Jane Public, who make up the majority of jurors, may view the owner of an engraved pistol as being nutty, like someone who owned the pistol because he fantasized about using it. Even an idiot of a prosecutor could make that argument.

That becomes harder to insinuate, if the pistol is completely lacking of adornment.

19. cobrablade

cobrablade

BlondeGlockGirl, it's safe for any glock. What would you want put on it?

Roundeyesamurai, that issue has been discussed by many. It's my belief that a normal, law abiding citizen being forced to use their weapon in a JUSTIFIED shooting wouldn't have any problems...but you never can tell. The engraving is just a decoration. Nothing more. It offers no advantage to the shooter, other than fanciness. If you are involved in a JUSTIFIED shooting, there shouldn't be any prosecution anyway. If there is, perhaps the shooter wasn't JUSTIFIED afterall. Shooting has to be a LAST RESORT, as in someone was definitly going to die if you don't shoot.

20. deutscheglocker

deutscheglocker

Cobrablade

Senior member here but only 55

Looks cool. I like it. I don't think anything could be made about adornment in case of a justifiable shooting that your legal counsel coudn't render harmless even to the point of arguing that the adornment was for nothing other than more readily being able to identify your property.

DG