Some of my simple edc stuff I always have on me.

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by Tzi-Oxphon, Mar 8, 2019.

1. fastbolt

fastbolt

FireForged, I've never regretted taking Deputydave up on his offer to visit the other forum and consider joining (which I did). It seems to be more of a relaxed info post/exchange forum than a social media/gossip/I wanna whine and rant forum. ;)

Kinda like walking into a room of friends and acquaintances in the middle of some conversation, where they easily welcome you into the conversation even if you haven't been there for quite a while.

Might be too relaxed for you. ;)

wyntrout and Deputydave like this.
  2. professor kv

professor kv Hey! Who turned out the lights?

CW45, extra mag, Rat II knife, AAA cell clip light with lithium battery (very bright, but eats alkaline cells quick), usual keys, wallet, smart phone, cash.

It's an eye-opener how often I use the knife and light. It makes me wonder how I got along without these tools

3. wyntrout

wyntrout

I carry a small bright light(Cadet, 300+ Lumens) if I'm going to be out after dark. I always carry one of my Kahrs IWB(P40 with ported barrel or P380), and an extra "hi-cap" mag in a holder opposite side. Lots of paper towels, some Kleenex, chapstick, and two knives... my backup Gerber F.A.S.T. Draw(serrated bladed, clipped in my weak-side pocket) and a Swiss "Classic" that has the can opener/screwdriver instead of the scissors. I use the knives a lot... the guns not so much... thankfully. :) Glasses, keys, & phone, unless I forget the danged phone. It's a light and camera, too, as well as a computer and book.

4. fasteddie565

fasteddie565 Combat Diver

I have an account at the SEPboard (Don't post anywhere too much lately, been busy) and found some good kit there. I am a MOD on another site and we have a policy of not posting links to pull folks from the discussion at hand. It does seem that you do post links there with the intent of pulling folks from here. The name calling doesn't help, it detracts from the subject at hand. I have also had my share of disagreements with FF, but always a healthy debate, which is after all why we are here. I have to agree with him on this one.

That said.............

I always carry a pistol plus a reload, cellphone, Smart Watch, my Nitecore pocket flashlight (Back up Nitecore light on my key chain), wallet or passport (Both have ID, cash and credit card) a pocket full of digestive distress meds (normally pepto) and my Leatherman Skeletool. I need to start carrying a fire maker.

I also have an IFAK in the car, on the bike and in my carry on. My OCONUS EDC in my carry-on/- day bag is my laptop, necessary recharging cables and charge packs, rooted spare cell phone, larger IFAK, Iridium, GPS, Bose BT Headphones, water bottle with sawyer mini, Protein bars, sunglasses and a broad brimmed Australia Hat (Name of the company).

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  5. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

How do I join SEP.'08. :innocent:

6. rock_castle

rock_castle Proud Nationalist who loves his country

Gun, spare mag, flashlight, folder, wallet.

7. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

In importance. Keys, cell, billfold/card/cash... flashlight, knife,meds then stuff in my manpurse. ( Goes in car, truck anytime I leave home) has spare socks, shirt, underware (in ziplock bag) spare meds, maybe some snacks, water bottle....

8. Lonestar 48

Lonestar 48 Silver Member

Hey Dave, I haven't been in this part of GT much, but I did follow the link to the SEP board; thanks for talking about it. I just registered!

9. Bradley T

Bradley T

Key ring, key fob, chapstick, Colt w holster at 3, an extra mag in holder at 9. Occasionally a little knife of some sort. Not really into carrying all but the kitchen sink in my pockets. Usually have phone in hand.

10. Deputydave

Deputydave Millennium Member

Your very welcome. Your account is active and you're all set to post. Enjoy :)

Lonestar 48 likes this.
  11. CowboyCarp

CowboyCarp

Gun, spare mag, pocket multitool/knife, keys, wallet, phone, and a decently robust med kit in my car (tourniquets, combat gauze, burn dressings, etc... it’s my old CLS bag I was issued a few years back).

12. chiefjack

chiefjack

In my daily carry fanny pack:
    G27 (1st Gen)
    2 magazines
    Retired badge and ID
    Tourniquet
    Pen, pencil, small notepad
    Hand sanitizer.

In pockets:
    Keys
    Wallet