close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Some guy named Japerezemail is trying to buy guns without running thru a dealer.

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by BLACKJACKGRIMM, Nov 14, 2003.

1. BLACKJACKGRIMM

BLACKJACKGRIMM

I had a ruger 95 on the auction. Someone named japerezemail won the auction. Then wanted me to ship to his home address.He also stated that he had no ffl. this guy is trying to buy guns hoping someone will ship without going thru a dealer. No he isn't from my home state, even if he was i sure wasn't going to ship gun to someone that hsn't a ffl. So you may want to keep a eye out for this guy.

GRIMM ;L ;I

2. Gary W Trott

Gary W Trott Prickley Fan

I'd report him to the auction site if it were me. I don't think they would want a person using their site to be trying to entice others to commit illegal acts. It's also probably stated somewheres on the site that sales must go through an FFL. Don't think that you would be a "squealer" either. You might be helping someone else to avoid breaking the law unintentionally. Not everyone is as up on the gun laws as we GlockTalkers are. :)

Personally I would not want any internet sale, even within my state, to not go through an FFL. You really do not know who you are dealing with or what that person might do with the gun. If it ever turned up in a crime you might find yourself in some trouble, with only a phony name and a mail drop to give to the police. Stay safe, Gary

3. BLACKJACKGRIMM

BLACKJACKGRIMM

Yep already posted on the auction site also. I looked for this name on the members list or other posts. I couldn't find him anywhere. I may have been doing something wrong. I am not that great at this computer stuff.Ran a search on both names i had. Japerezemail and the other i think was mrmobeoner. I found nothing. Guess he left and wiped out his membership to Glock Talk. I also found that he had e-mailed me a few days earlier direct. He stated in that e-mail he wanted me to ship direct to him. That e-mail was forward to the A.T.F. I have a agent that has been working with me and others, that were scammed by a guy from AZ. He is in jail at this time, unless he made bail,lol. Ever since then, any fishy smelling e-mails just sent to him. He then can do what ever he wants. In the last few months i have recived e-mails asking me to ship guns, to several other places other then the good old USA. I guess there are people that don't know you cannot mail a gun to Africa and the such,lol. As for being call a snich, well if someone wants to call me that then they can go %$# themselves. The way i look at it all the people that are doing the under handed sales etc. are the greatest problem that we gun owners have. They are just throwing gas on a already raging fire, that is out to destroy our rights to own firearms. The only thing that matters to me in life is my guns. If i can get someone that is buying guns to sell ilegally busted, then i will do all i can to send that person to the slam.Just like i would if i saw some one abusing a child.[my guns are my kids,lol] Well Gary, take it easy. Thanks for the info. Oh by the way, just read this post. I wasn't refering to you, when i talked about someone calling me a snitch,lol. I am not great at typing, [as i am sure you can tell]

GRIMM

4. David_G17

David_G17 /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

it might have been a sting operation.

kinda like saying: "oh come on randy, a few inches off a shotgun barrel never hurt anybody."

5. BLACKJACKGRIMM

BLACKJACKGRIMM

Yea i was thinking the same thing G17. forgot to add to the last post. Whatever he was up to I just wanted to warn people. I saw that others have been scammed in the recent past,on this site and others I belong to.

LATER GRIMM

6. glockster96

glockster96 Moderator Lifetime Member

That's chilling. Appropriate, but chilling.

7. g21lover

g21lover Rè¶ØR† †hè ñèw$

I don't trust anyone that can't come up with the right answers.;6

I bought a gun at an action before. Not only did I provide him with a FFL dealer that he could ship to, I also sent him a copy of my current ID to prove I was who I said I was. I was at first suprised that he wanted that, but you know what---I thought about it---he didn't know me from Adam's Housecat. I got my weapon in 72 hrs.