GlockTalk Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Last one used propophol. They had a nurse anesthesiologist working under the supervision of an anesthesiologist MD. They told me her name was Kelly. I said "Hi Kelley" and then it was like she'd thrown a switch, nothing gradual, I was gone. No after effects whatsoever.

Yeah, prep stinks. Don
Yeah, that **** is wild! I have my 2nd scope coming up in Nov. hate that Sureprep though...

·
NRA Life Member
28,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Just don’t mention you are driving home. They don’t like that.
Actually, in Fl, it is illegal to drive yourself home after anesthesia. If you don't have a companion with you to drive you home they won't do the procedure. Taxi and/or bus is NOT acceptable.

I actually wasn't impaired when I came out of it.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
My last one when I woke up I told the doctor that I had a scratchy throat.

The first one I went out for a Greek omelet after.

My mother had colon cancer in the early 80s and survived it.

WP, congrats you have mastered it!

Reactions: willie_pete

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Glad yours went well @willie_pete! Anyone putting it off should reconsider. I went in for one because I had blood show up in a stool test. Turned out that I had a blockage (tumor) and they couldn't get a biopsy during the colonoscopy. The procedure wasn't the bad part, the prep is and I had to do it again two days later for surgery to remove the tumor.

They said they did remove two polyps that they saw and that's probably where the cancer started. Don't put it off. As unpleasant as it is, the possible alternative is much worse. I just started my second dose of chemo that will happen every three weeks for six months.

·
NRA Life Member
28,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
My last one when I woke up I told the doctor that I had a scratchy throat.

The first one I went out for a Greek omelet after.

My mother had colon cancer in the early 80s and survived it.

WP, congrats you have mastered it!

Maybe pushing my luck, but had Mexican for dinner last night.

So far, so good.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: BOOSTED12A

·
Registered
11,596 Posts
1. when the procedure is done, it is not unusual to find polyps and they are removed.
2. even today, the doctors do not know or would not predict which polyps were turn cancerous.
3. the survival statistics for finding a cancerous polyp that has not invaded the wall is over 90% for ten years.
4. always ask for the Michael Jackson Special. No after effects. Wait a few minutes and drive to the nearest taco stand or hamburger stand.

·
No place like home
7,238 Posts
Glad things checked out okay for you! I've had two done and didn't think either was a big deal. Although I don't relish the procedure, I do enjoy being put under.

Your post made me think of something that happened while I lived in Tennessee. I was at a gas station and a guy parked me in at the pump and refused to move so I could leave. I told him he could just go ahead and be an a--h---, then. His response was, "It takes one to know one." I stood there and laughed.

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,057 Posts
I've got a picture of mine now from the inside.

I can see why that idea never took off.
I think pouring the hot wax on the pooper hole to make the mold was a turn off for some but not all

·
NRA Life Member
28,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I think pouring the hot wax on the pooper hole to make the mold was a turn off for some but not all
It would probably be OK with the masochists.

A masochist and a sadist are in love.

Masochist : " Hurt me, Hurt me "

Sadist : " No "

Reactions: IamtheNRA

·
Registered
196 Posts
I was awake for mine. Surprised the doctor when I flinched while the camera was bouncing around a curve.

There are some things about your body you just shouldn't see.

·
NRA Life Member
28,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I was awake for mine. Surprised the doctor when I flinched while the camera was bouncing around a curve.

There are some things about your body you just shouldn't see.
Oh, Hell No

I told the Anesthesiologist, " When you think you have given me enough, give me a little bit more. "

61 - 74 of 74 Posts