GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
28,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right after my colonoscopy. :D

He said see him again in 5 years.

Didn't get a bit of sleep after drinking the Suprep last night; that is some nasty stuff, but the pharmacist said that does the best job.

·
Southern Backwater Mafia & President-Elect
6,251 Posts

Didn't get a bit of sleep after drinking the Suprep last night; that is some nasty stuff, but the pharmacist said that does the best job.
The prep is the worst! glad it's done had mine about a month ago

·
Registered
3,790 Posts

Hum. I've been called that a time or two, but under radically different circumstances. :eyebrow:

Glad everything came out well in the end.

·
Registered
5,166 Posts
Good on you Willie-Pete! Colon Cancer and diverticulitus are caught and treated by routine colonoscopy for those at risk. The recommendation to first get this test is at age 50, then once every three years.

I was 33 years old when I had a perforated colon from diverticulitus. I ended up with an emergency colostomy and had a near death experience when I died on the operating table and was revived. I had that colostomy from April to December of 1986 when they did surgery again and hooked me back up. There is a strong family history of diverticulosis on my maternal and paternal sides of the family. That makes me high. risk and I get checked

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
My wife died of colon cancer in 2001. My three kids have had colonoscopies regularly since they were 25. The oldest is 48. The Dr thought her cancer was genetic. I’m 79 and have one coming up in November.

·
Hilljack
2,578 Posts
Have them on a regular basis. The prep is the worst part. I have had to take MoviPrep the last couple of times. First time when I got it at the pharmacy I asked the clerk if it came with popcorn and a movie. He was bewildered at my question and asked why? My response was "this is movie prep isn't it?" He didn't know what to say. LOL

·
Registered
11,991 Posts
Colonoscopies are old hat for me.

Both parents had some form of colon cancer so they started me having the procedure every year for 5 yrs then they switched to every 3 yrs because they never found anything of concern in any of the previous procedures. Still nothing.

Last one used propophol. They had a nurse anesthesiologist working under the supervision of an anesthesiologist MD. They told me her name was Kelly. I said "Hi Kelley" and then it was like she'd thrown a switch, nothing gradual, I was gone. No after effects whatsoever.

Yeah, prep stinks. Don

·
Registered
664 Posts
Google colonoscopy songs on You Tube, there are some very funny ones!

Reactions: Paul53 and flyover

·
1,068 Posts
I have one scheduled in a few weeks... been 10 years since my last one. I’m hoping the prep stuff has improved in that time.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts