close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Some Glock M Scoring Questions

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Pengoose, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Pengoose

Pengoose

I have a few quick questions regarding scoring on the Glock M course, any help is appreciated.

1. What is the penalty if a shooter shoots and misses at a particular cardboard target?

2. At the end of the course there should be six shots in each cardboard target. If there is less than six, how is the score adjusted?

3. How would the following scenario be scored...
    A shooter shoots at a particular cardboard target and misses the first shot, takes two more shots and hits them both.

Thanks in advance

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

You earn 10 penalty points for each miss. You are only allowed 2 shots per cardboard target on each string, leaving you 3 shots to knock down 1 metal popper. More than 6 shots on a cardboard targets results in an additional penalty.

3. Pengoose

Pengoose

Thanks for the help, one additional question.....
    (if any of my information below is incorrect please let me know)

Scenario:
    A shooter shoots at a particular cardboard target and misses the first shot, takes two more shots and hits them both.

Assuming the shooter doesn't screw up anymore on the remaining strings, there will still be only 6 bullet holes in this cardboard target above.

So the shooter is given a +10 penalty for the first missed shot. Is the shooter penalized any further since they shot an extra shot?

Thanks for all your help.

Note:
    Just have to mention this so everyone doesn't think I am a total weird-o. I am re-creating the Glock M course for use with an indoor shooting simulator, which Glock will be showing later this month.

My problems have come when trying to simulate a "real" Range Officer. Not to mention the countless scoring checks. Currently I am fine tuning the scoring system, thats why I have written out possible scenarios instead of just asking questions.

4. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

If a shooter fires two shots at a target, misses with one and hits with the other, he will be penalized +10 seconds for the miss.

If the shooter takes 3 shots at a target, missing with one and hitting with two, the RO should award one +10 second "procedural" penalty for the extra shot. That way, the +10 second "procedural" penalty "makes up for" the +10 "miss" penalty. The shooter has gained nothing and has in fact lost the amount of time it took him to trigger the 3rd shot.

If the shooter was mistaken about having missed and the target subsequently is found to have 7 hits in it, the shooter should get an ADDITIONAL +10 second penalty for the extra hit; +20 seconds total.

The nature of the penalty system is to encourage the shooter to HIT the first time with each of his two shots, penalize him if he misses and to ensure that he is penalized even more for taking "make up" shots.