close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

some fake war vets are funny.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by BEER, Feb 25, 2010.

1. BEER

BEER bad example

there's this kid named jeremy that i hire on sometimes for fence jobs and stuff, he's like 18-19 and looks like he's closer to 12. this kid is an awesome worker and an absolute hoot to be around, the entire crew can be sweating their ***** off in 105 heat just absolutely miserable and this kid will be cracking jokes and cutting up doing his best to keep everybody in a good mood. one of his favorite gags is vietnam, he'll do something really well or come up with some brilliant idea and then with this straight face, deadpan voice, and this blank stare say "i learned that back when i was in the suck." or "you had to learn to adapt over in the 'nam man", or some other vietnam war movie cliche and coming out of this obviously young kid it gets everybody rolling everytime. even old man mark the actual vietnam vet starts cracking up when this kid gets on a roll with this stuff. anytime we hire a new guy everybody on the crew warms them to not jack with the young kid cause he's been in the **** and he's the one they based apocalypse now on" or something and couple of the new guys have actually fallen for it. it's an absolute riot.

before anybody gets uptight understand that this kid isn't running around actually claiming to have been in vietnam or any other war, or that he's ever been in the military in any way, he just does it because it's painfully obvious to anybody with at least 1 working brain cell that he's never been there. the absurdity of it is what makes it funny.

2. MCPreacher

MCPreacher

We had a guy like that in my SAR class in Pensacola and he was always cracking wise about "When I was in the Raiders..." or "When we stormed Omaha Beach..."

I think that as long as it is obviously humor, it's all good.

3. Mikey444

Mikey444 sacré bleu!

I like the line about "being in the suck"

4. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77 Thread Killer

I do that, too...

It makes ME laugh. And that's all that matters. :)

-J-

5. G23c

G23c

funny, ya gotta like it.

6. chewybaca67

chewybaca67

Need more folks in the world with a sense of humor and the ability to laugh at themselves by golly.

7. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Dude, that **** is funny as hell! :rofl: