close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Some Curious n00b questions...?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by oISHUTupNrocKIo, Feb 14, 2010.

1. oISHUTupNrocKIo

oISHUTupNrocKIo Glock Lover

You've probably heard this question alot before, but I had a few questions about things that are mentioned here alot. I know alot, but not as much as the other guy... I'm learning everyday, so here is it...

Whats the $.25 Trigger Polish Job?
    Whats the OEM Barrel? (Original Equipment Manufacturer?)
    What does a 6 lb trigger spring do? (Does is aid for a smoother trigger pull such as the 4lb Striker spring combo'ed with the 3.5 Connector?)

2. hardcorp

hardcorp

1. http://www.alpharubicon.com/mrpoyz/glock/

2. yes

3. I was unable to notice a difference with with a 6 lb spring although I did like the 3.5 connector but went back to stock in my EDC...I really don't know why.

3. oISHUTupNrocKIo

Whats EDC :supergrin:? And yea, I read the Trigger Job, I thought it was something else other than that.

4. JohnHoliday

JohnHoliday

Every Day Carry.

Welcome to the Forums!

5. E-Money

E-Money

I agree with hardcop on all points except I have no experience with the last question (I've never had any desire to change the trigger pull weight).

I will offer that the $.25 trigger job is basically a polishing job to make the action smoother. Some say it makes the pull lighter, but I don't buy it. A lot of folks will say you achieve the same results from 1000+ rounds of live fire. Google it and you'll find a ton of videos - some good, some bad.

6. Butch

Butch RetiredDinosaur CLM Millennium Member

Whats the $.25 Trigger Polish Job? Something 'noobs' shouldn't do, it often causes them to replace parts they screw up because instead of using a Q-tip, they use a Dremel tool and/or over do it.

Whats the OEM Barrel? (Original Equipment Manufacturer?) Yup.

What does a 6 lb trigger spring do? (Does is aid for a smoother trigger pull such as the 4lb Striker spring combo'ed with the 3.5 Connector?) It pulls the trigger harder, which makes it easier for the shooter to pull the trigger. Combined with a 3.5 connector and a 4lb FIRING PIN spring, it comes back to something noobs shouldn't do.....if the noob is smart, he'll read and head the warnings Wolff puts on their website about them NOT being for duty/carry guns.

Your Glock works very well just the way it is, learn to use it as is, you'll be a lot better off in the long run. I've won a lot of shooting matches, most of them with an 8lb connector in my stock G17, the 5lb is easy to use. If you haven't already done so, get some training.

7. hardcorp

hardcorp

Yah...EDC=Every Day Carry...sorry

8. Markasaurus

Markasaurus

I did the 25 cent trigger job - its just a polish of the relevant moving parts. I used a dremel and auto polish to make the parts smooth and then quit. If you know when to stop polishing you won't mess anything up - less is more here. Truth be told, in my opinion, it does make a little bit of difference - but not much difference and probably not worth the bother. It smoothed the trigger action a bit but not much more than just putting lubricant where glock says to put it.

Personally i am not lightening or otherwise changing the trigger pull on my 26 any lighter then glock made it. It is designed to be just like a DA only revolver, for safety, and that's how i'll keep it. A light trigger + gun with NO SAFETY = dangerous.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  9. oISHUTupNrocKIo

If I were to add a 3.5 connector and a 4lb Striker Spring, it would be for range use. I'm going to keep my 5.5lb trigger pull on all my Glocks, except just some fun at the range. I've been shooting Glocks for about 4 years now and I'm pretty good with the 5.5lb trigger pull, I wanted to try the 3.5lb connector... I don't see the point in not experimenting.

10. CaliColin

CaliColin

Good to ask questions, but just stay stock until you are fully aware of the ramifications of modifying a firearm from its factory specs.