Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a gun show and looking to sell my 22 for a 23C. I was nervous because I never sold a gun and normally get screwed whenever haggling is involved. I made a sign and stuck in on my chest with duct tape. I did not get down one aisle until someone stopped me and asked to see it. Within minutes it was sold. I then made my way through the show. It turned out only 2 dealers sold C models. There were TONS of 23s but not C models. Being frustrated at not getting what I wanted, a very popular pistol might I add, I went to a table and tried to figure out what to do. I put my hand down and instinctively closed it around a gun. It felt nice. I picked it up, it was chambered in .40. It was a Springfeild XD. I looked it over some more and it was ported!!!! It was everything I wanted in a 23, but with better ergonomics. I normally do not spend that kind of money on impulse so the voice in my head went "Put it down, Neil." I froze. Next thing I remember I'm filling out paperwork.
Can't wait to shoot it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I now what you mean about the "Voice".....

I'm surprised the paperwork doesn't have the question, "Is a voice telling you buy this firearm".

·
Federal Member
29,427 Posts
I will add a XD (.45) to my collection eventually, but I would never sell one firearm just to buy another. I want a collection like bac1023. I am way behind!!

:cool:

·
Registered
504 Posts
Congrads, you will enjoy. I have drank the Glock kool-aid but the .45s were just too wide for my hand (even the short frame seems too wide)and wanted at least 10 rounds. I ended up deciding to buy a Xd.45 compact, much nicer grip than the 30 and groups better than my 23 and 27. 100 rounds of ball flawless but it has not earned enough trust to replace my carry gun yet. But overall very nice.

·
Banned
2,598 Posts
I now what you mean about the "Voice".....

I'm surprised the paperwork doesn't have the question, "Is a voice telling you buy this firearm".
They ever add that question I'm in real trouble. I had an XD45 and liked it a lot, unfortunately there was another Glock I wanted more so it got sold. :crying: Enjoy that piece and keep and eye on the slide finish.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Both Glocks and XD's are great guns. The finish problem with the XD's was worked out a few years ago so that shouldn't be a problem anymore. If the XD feels better to you and you shoot it better then that's the gun for you. It was with me, I don't like the grip angle as much on the Glocks as I do the grip angle on the XD's. Yes I grew up with 1911's and now shoot Sigs. I respect Glocks, but prefer the XD's because they fit me better. Shoot it and see what you think, if you liked Glocks before, the XD might not shoot right for you. Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really like'em both and don't get the us vs. them dichotomoy many Glock owners perceive. I'd recommend either gun. I hope to try the new pistol this weekend.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Its funny, I like the glock 23 better than the XD40 but I shoot the XD a lot better than I shoot the glock. I shoot the H&K USP better than the XD.

I also shoot my 642 better than I ever shot my 3" SP101. I even tried 4 different grips on the SP and never improved.

It's funny how they are all the same but very different! :dunno:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts