Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling a Gen 3 Glock 21. In great shape, born on date of 12/6/2009, has a Glock extended slide stop lever, new RSA, and night sights that still have some life left in them.

Included:
G21 Gen 3
4 Glock 13 round magazines
Glock factory storage case

Payment methods:
Zelle
PayPay friends and family only

Price:
$550 shipping included from my FFL to your FFL
$525 FTF in the central Ohio area, must have Ohio DL and Ohio CCW

Note: will not ship where illegal, such as California, NY, Massachusetts, Hawaii, DC, CT, NJ.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@NiBx I’m sorry for the late reply but I’ve already been contacted by a member in my state asking to buy this FTF. That transaction is supposed to happen upon my return from vacation. If that falls through I’ll contact you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I read through the site rules again and I didn't see any mention of "I'll take it" as a form of staking claim to an item. Some sellers might abide by it as an unspoken rule and I'll post an I'll take it in response to an ad which states the first I'll take it gets it. However, I don't believe an item is off the market until money is exchanged. I try to be fair and honest in all my transactions with members on here and other forums as well. I take the approach of the first to message me with agreed upon terms. That was Marauderleader and we agreed to a FTF transaction once I'm back in town. I still have the message from NiBx and in my 'system' he is second in line if the first member were to back out of a deal. Stuff happens, people change their minds, I don't take it personally or lose sleep over it.

Does anyone else here operate or think like I do? Or am I the odd man out here and "I'll take it" is like licking the cupcake you want at the birthday party?

·
Registered
729 Posts
I read through the site rules again and I didn't see any mention of "I'll take it" as a form of staking claim to an item. Some sellers might abide by it as an unspoken rule and I'll post an I'll take it in response to an ad which states the first I'll take it gets it. However, I don't believe an item is off the market until money is exchanged. I try to be fair and honest in all my transactions with members on here and other forums as well. I take the approach of the first to message me with agreed upon terms. That was Marauderleader and we agreed to a FTF transaction once I'm back in town. I still have the message from NiBx and in my 'system' he is second in line if the first member were to back out of a deal. Stuff happens, people change their minds, I don't take it personally or lose sleep over it.

Does anyone else here operate or think like I do? Or am I the odd man out here and "I'll take it" is like licking the cupcake you want at the birthday party?
No. I am with you. Sellers need to have discretion as to whom they want to sell to. For example, what is the first post to post “I’ll take it” is a new member who wants to pay by credit card and it looks like a scam? What is the first is someone you’ve seen be difficult on a transaction with someone else in the past? For example, I not too long ago responded to a WTB ad and set up a deal. Another user saw it and messaged me asking if I had any more. I said “I’m not sure, I’d have to check.” He messaged me the next day asking for an update. I said that I hadn’t found them yet. The day after he said “Are you actually looking or do you not really want to make a deal?”

I DID look, but no, I was not going to turn my house upside down looking for them. After that series of belligerent messages, I searched under his user name and found similar instances in the past of inappropriate behavior. I wouldn’t sell to people like that under any circumstances, regardless of any first “I’ll take it.”

Last, I will ALWAYS give preference to a FTF deal (due to saved shipping costs and headaches). That’s not to say I would back out of a deal after giving my word, but if two people post in my thread, one needs it shipped and one is local, I’m going to go with the local person, all else equal.

Just my two cents.

·
Μολὼν λαβέ
2,484 Posts
You are at liberty to sell to who you want “I’ll take it “or not. I just try to abide by the first I’ll take it gets it. I’ve sold by email or PM before I’ll take it on the thread. I’ll sell to a I’ll take it before “send me pics “ all day.

Some sites only let you sell on their site because members get upset when they say I’ll take it to find out it’s sold on another forum very aggravating.

Now think of this, how many times have you posted “I’ll take it” just a few minutes after it posts to not be contacted for a day or two to hear “ oh someone PMd me a second before you did” but didn’t have the time to post that?!? Really . Happens to me all the time and super frustrating. I just wanted pay instructions But it is what it is

The rules don’t state that but maybe just seller morals 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah I just assumed first ill take it rule was in place. I buy and sell on a few different forums and that's how they all work. Like I said no big deal just a bummer. There is no shortage of Glocks out there that's for sure

1 - 15 of 15 Posts