Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm thinking about adding another Sog folder to my collection (for edc). been looking at the flash II and the Trident, i really like the yellow handle flash II ( it would make a awesome fishing knife) i just wish it came in smooth edge. i already have a twitch II (which i like a lot) so does anybody have experience with the flash II or the trident? if so how do you like it, also any pics would be cool :)

P.S. or any other sog model i'm really on a sog kick:supergrin: i do want to keep it under the $60 price range.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
I'd go for the Trident.

My favourite SOG folder is the Night Vision followed by the Vision and the X-Ray Vision

·
Registered
16 Posts
I probably have a dozen or more SOGs (a benefit of living 2 miles from the factory!), including the aforementioned models. Personally, I like the Trident better due to the longer handle which fits my hand better.

Good luck, they're both excellent knives for the money.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks for the info guys:)
i got to check out a sog flash II at lowes , (black handle half and half blade) i kinda like sogs serrations (looks like you could resharpen them easy) i may have to wait for the gun and knife show in march and check both the flash II and trident out before making up my mind. i've kinda had my eye on the sog nw ranger for a bushcraft/survival knife so this gun and knife show will probably end up more of a knife show for me:supergrin:

·
S.R.D. v
10,170 Posts
I made two crude mod's to my Flash II which I found necessary. Both involved hot melt glue (of all things). First was to block off the annoying safety that kept it from being a one handed knife when I wanted it to be, and second was to fill the gap in the pocket clip on top of the handle that allowed the hem of my pocket to slip over the handle making it a real PITA to get the knife out of my pocket.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
522 Posts
ok having owned and EDC'ed both I will tell you right now the Flash II wins hands down.... BUT If you have the choice get an all black Aegis!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't ruled the Aegis out yet.....but i do like the look of the Trident and Flash II a little better.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I carry the Flash 2 daily. I did have to make adjustments when I got it. It did have some blade play which bothered me immensely when I got it. Tightening things up made it a quality knife. Just don't overtighten things or you may slow the action. It's small, light, and sharp which I want in my EDC. Plus, it's relatively inexpensive at around $40.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts