SOG Armory !!!Warning!!!

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Anonimo, Nov 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonimo

Anonimo

Last weekend at the SOG booth from the gun show I bought a "brand new" DDM4 v1 w/ that came w/ this BCG
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I send them an email asking about it, they sent me these pics saying it's the "norm" and that I have nothing to worry about. Also were defensive the whole time, like it was some how my fault.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I send Daniel Defense an email w/ the same pictures

They responded

This leads me to believe that Daniel Defense is an upstanding company that stands behind there products and will do what it takes to make it right. SOG on the other hand fooled me more than once that day. ( also told me it was a mid length gas system) and will never get another dollar of my business.

In hindsight I should of broke the rifle down at the show, but it was zip tied together, and sold as brand new. A used gun I would of treated differently. Just thought fellow Glockers should be aware.

Ryan

2. freespirit34

freespirit34 BMFTSY

Was this show near me in western NC by chance ??

3. Anonimo

Anonimo

Ft. Worth, Texas

4. Myke_Hart

Myke_Hart Handloader

I know SOG international INC (importer) is crap but I never heard of SOG armory.

SOG armory looks like to be just a retail chain.

I don't see any pre built daniel defense guns on thier website. Makes me think they assembled the one you got in-house and you probably got a used gun or a 'Over Tested" gun.:supergrin:

You better check to see if all the parts of the gun are true daniel. This happened to me with a supposed double star upper. Sent back to double star and found it was not a double star upper but a No Name brand. Went back to the retailer and got my money back. They gave me the whole, "we didn't tell you it was double star those cost more than you paid. Next time send it back to us and we will fix it." Out $30 for shipping to double star.

Double star was super cool about it and shipped it back for free.

I never assume what they say it is.. is what it is anymore. Check all the parts!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  5. Anonimo

Anonimo

6. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

I've had fantastic dealings with DD in the past, I now buy directly from them if I can. Absolutely top-notch customer service. They'll make you happy.

7. Anonimo

Anonimo

Yeah, so far they've been great.

8. speedsix

speedsix

That BC is not new. I have BC that I have had for years with less wear on them than that.

In reality, it is probably not going to effect anything but I see your point. When someone sells something as new, it should be new. If it was a new car with a used set of tires, it would be fishy. Something is fishy.

I think someone swapped out the BCG for a new one. Does the rest of the gun look new? Any carbon on gas tube, etc?

9. SouthernGal

SouthernGal What's Up Dox?

I have dealt with SOG for almost 4 years now and know many of the guys there personally. Your experiences do not mirror mine. At all.

10. Anonimo

Anonimo

You're the ONLY person to say that so far. Not saying it's not true, just saying. Every one I've spoke to about this so far was not surprised and or had something negative to say. I even saw a thread with an AR sold as a Colt, only to end up being a bunch of parts slapped together in the back.

Tina from SOG has not called be back since the last time we spoke. At this point I'm not really shocked.

11. Laramie In MT

Laramie In MT

I had a single so-so experience with SOG. Ordered a complete 16" upper. Website advertised as "including BCG". Upper arrived with no BCG.

I was on the phone for quite a while and even had to email the description from the web in order for them to ship me the BCG. While I eventually got it, the tone of the call was more like I was trying to scam somebody rather than them wanting to correct a mistake. Never bought from them again.

12. ray glock

ray glock

It may have been used. Not every firearm sold as new is a new firearm. Mistakes do happen from time to time. I would have doubl-checked with the dealer that sold it to you. May have just got past him or whatever.

13. Anonimo

Anonimo

I did check with the dealer,

from my OP

This is from SOG ARMORY

Their first response was

This was after I sent the pics.

14. arodgers

arodgers

Been watching the thread over on M4Carbine.net. I've only shopped with them once at their store, but I've seen them at the gun shows several times. They've never had anything at a price I was interested in at the gun shows, always seemed over priced. Guess now I have even more of a reason to avoid them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.