GlockTalk Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I think the 23 (and 27) is where Glocks in .40 get a bad rap. The G22 is a creampuff. Wouldn’t think it would make such a difference going from compact and subcompact size to full size but it does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I've got ape hands...I shoot my 27 great lol! I am concerned with lil ape hands though on the larger frames.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I would also say that the 35 or the 24 would be the softest shooting Glock that is chambered in 40 S&W.
Over all might would be a G40

·
Registered
19,526 Posts
The 35 is pretty pleasant. Feels like the recoil impulse of the 17 to me

·
Patrol Corporal
855 Posts
Opinion on 22/23 vs your 4043? I have the 4006. happier w 9mm?
We did not have good luck with the 4043. They were DAO and trigger pull was very long, heavy, and gritty. They were aluminum frames with a high bore axis so they had a wicked muzzle flip. They only held 11 rounds so they were not a big improvement on the 645s we had before that.

We had more DQs with the 4043 than any others. It was one of the reasons we went to the Glock 22. I was a newly minted firearms instructor and I griped and moaned to the LT who said “well, do something about it and put together a proposal.” I did and we switched to the G22 5 guns at a time until about 15 and the city commission allowed us to buy the remainder of the guns.

I think the 4006 would have been fine. The DAO trigger made the 4043 the beast that it was.
But in my proposal I lauded the Glock for having higher capacity, less parts, easier training for the armorers (and less tools), and a better trigger even though we started out with the 8# connector.

We are much happier with the 9mm. There were several reasons we went with 9mm. At the time, ammo cost was a factor.

A big factor was malfunctions we were having with the 22s (and somewhat with the 23s) mainly involving weapon mounted lights. Glock gave us 11 coil mag springs and this generally corrected the problem. We had more than normal (I think) parts breakages. 2 locking blocks, 2 slide releases, and 1 locking block pin. These guns still ran.
In addition, the 22s showed slide gouging where the locking block was hitting it. I don’t think this really hurt anything but it showed what a pounding the 40s were putting on the gun. The 9s didn’t have any of these issues. We have had the 19/17s for about 9 years I think, and the only problem so far is one extractor that I replaced. That gun ran fine but the brass would hit you in the forehead.

Qualifications were much easier and almost everyone qualified the first round, something that didn’t happen with the 40s. Good shooters could shoot either gun but marginal shooters were much more confident with the 9s.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Without going through the entire thread I have to agree with a couple of the guys above, get a 20 or 29. The heavier slide tames the .40 pretty well, you don't need a conversion barrel or different magazines and you can shoot 10mm as well. I was surprised how well my 29 handles 10mm and .40 loads.

2nd vote would be the 35, I am really starting to like my Gen 4 35 that I picked up about a month ago.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I own both sides of the glock .40 spectrum - gen 4 35 and 27. The 35 is a really nice shooter, very accurate with sevigny competition sights. I don't however think the 27 is that much snappier. My accuracy with it is not currently that great a longer ranges. Wonder if its the stock sights, I think some of it is recoil anticipation. Just got the 27 last month.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
I bought a police surplus G22 Gen4 for a bargain price. The 180gn HST seemed pretty soft shooting to me, very comparable to my Gen3 G17 shooting 9mm +P or +P+.
I’m pretty happy the police dumped them, more for us.

As much as I have loved my old Gen3 G26, I’ve been mighty tempted to get a G27 Gen4...I like the Gen4 grip texture, and I find the grip with no backstrap installed fits me better.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Glock 35 for me.

I also have a 27 and 23 to compare it with.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts