close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Soda Fountain at home?

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by BikerGoddess, Sep 18, 2004.

1. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

Anyone ever set up a soda fountain at home? I'm thinking about the ones they have at fast food restaurants or gas stations, but I'd consider anything that mixes the syrup and water at the time it's dispensed.

I obviously don't need a comercial machine - anything made for people who prefer that over cans or bottles?

Thanks,
    Laura

2. BikerGoddess

Thanks for the links. I only found commercial stuff when I looked.

It'll be for Diet Coke, only ;)

Laura

3. Minuteman

Minuteman Jeff Gannon???

I would suggest not doing it. You can put in a machine that will give you chilled cans of soda but you really won't like having the mix dispenser.

The nozzeles must be cleaned daily, maintiaing the syrup ratio is difficult and handling the syrup and co2 bottles is way too much work for a few sodas a day.

For less money than this setup you could get a used diet Coke soda can machine and keep it stocked with trips to costco.
    Much simpler.

4. BikerGoddess

Already have a fridge ;)

It's been awhile, but you just have to soak the nozzles in bleach water overnight, right? I'm not sure I understand the syrup ratio. Isn't that controlled by the machine? Whole thing is probably easier to maintain than my nightly ritual ;f

But, it does look fairly expensive. And it looks like syrup might be hard to come by.

Laura