close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Socom II

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by elenaidan, Feb 20, 2010.

1. elenaidan

elenaidan

So if someone has a Socom II and wanted to trick it out. What ca they do and where is it available. I already know about Troy stocks and LAE stocks , but what else is out there?

2. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Pretty much everything you want to do to a rail gun, with foregrips and bipods and scout sights and side mounted green laser and flashlights and NVG and IR illuminators and even grenade launchers.

Go youtube it and see some stuff.

3. elenaidan

elenaidan

I think I'll give that a try. From what I can tell you can really sink a lot of money into setting one up. $2-5K. OUCH!

4. crazymoose

crazymoose Nonentity

There's so damned much rail space on those stocks you could just about put one of every component you could find on the gun, if that tickled your fancy. Personally, I would put the same things on it that I'd put on an AR: iron sights, dot optic or low power optic, light, maybe a foregrip.

5. Thrillhouse700

Thrillhouse700

The thread linked is mine, feel free to hijack the hell out of it :)(On topic of M1a's of course, and apparently my professional status haha).............. I'm all for learning more about these guns as well.

6. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

That's what stopped me from buying a SoCom II. I shot it at Aardvark's Demo Days and I was plinking golf balls at 10-15 yards offhand with open sights. I fell in love with its size and accuracy immediately.

At $1,780 + tax and DROS, it's going to be $1,970 out the door before all the accessories, such as an ACOG TA31H ($1,100), Grip Pod ($80), Surefire Light n remote cord ($200), green laser ($300), and a good ching sling ($50). That's being conservative... so now you know why I haven't bitten the bullet yet. It's a big bullet, that one there.:crying:

7. sns3guppy

sns3guppy

I have the plain-jane SOCOM 16. I can't imagine why anyone would want to hang all the junk off the rifle. Many owners for the SOCOM II end up removing the rails because they don't do anything for them.

Personally, while the SOCOM 16 is a fun rifle, the Scout model with the 18" bbl is a lot more practical.

I suppose if someone really wants to play walter mitty and pretend to be GI Joe, they could hang lasers and lights on their M1A, but it really does look ridiculous, it serves little or no point, and there's no need what so ever for a forward vertical grip on a rifle like that. If dressing up your rifle makes you happy, then that's good enough, but keep your ear plugs in so you don't have to listen to the snickering when you show up at the range.

8. chuckman

chuckman

You don't need to do anything to it. With the iron sights you can hit a man-size target at good distance, a larger target like a deer/bear/whatever at even further distances. Add some optics and you got yourself an awesome shooter.

9. G23c

G23c

thats the rifle, but to each his own. any pix, anyone? :wavey:

10. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I agree, those poor souls that paid for the Socom II and then end up changing it back to the Socom 16 just wasted their money. I actually like the Scout myself and all I need is that top rail for a good long eye relief scope and I wouldn't feel undergunned taking that gun into CQB or standoff shooting.