Social Justice Without the Police?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Jun 13, 2020.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

The people get what they ask for. Let them police themselves.

I do wonder what the progressive criminal defense and civil rights attorneys/judges think they are going to without the police. It's not like a vigilante mob is going to bring in a suspect to guard and try. They are just going to hang them high and let the crows deal with the clean up.

2. mj9mm

mj9mm

if this actually happens, there will be a rush to the conservative areas and then they will push for change there too.

Onkel Walther likes this.

3. G17Jake

G17Jake

I wouldn't even want to pass through a large city that has no police.

robhic likes this.
  4. tm255

tm255

I would feel sorry for the innocents who oppose this and get caught in the crossfire, but, I kind of hope "no police" actually happens in a blue city somewhere. The ensuring chaos would be a teachable moment.

5. PeterG

PeterG

I believe the justice they want is for the thug and criminal to be above the law and those who don’t support the “cause” are the guilty, that form of justice has a sliding scale depending on who is in power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. robhic

robhic I'm your huckleberry.... Platinum Member

I am about 20 miles outside New Orleans. I saw an advertisement for a BLM "protest" tonight starting in the largest suburb and going to a police station for this suburb. I didn't hear anything until I read it this morning. Curious as to how this shapes up. So far, I gotta admit any protests have been peaceful. Will it change tonight? I don't know.

In other news the possibly "special needs" mayor of New Orleans is gathering some geniuses (I'm sure) to discuss how the city can exhibit its wokeness and tolerance by changing the names of streets and parks. God, I'd hate to be a mailman delivering to an address that never existed before.

mj9mm likes this.