GlockTalk Forum banner

121 - 136 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The main reason I avoid DG is that in SC, you have around a 50/50 chance of the store being robbed while you are shopping. Seems like one a day around here.

·
Registered
293 Posts
That's what I said to my snobbish sister when she visited me this Saturday before Easter.
Let me put things into perspective, she is by no means rich, but she turns up her nose at many common things like shopping at the Dollar General, Food Depot, and Aldi's.
My sister also thinks I'm "hood" for eating fried whiting on a regular basis.

Of course, I have to play nice with her since our parents still haven't finished their will yet, but that doesn't mean I have to put up with elitism.

So do you have a sibling like this? Or are you the "snob" in your family?
I did. My sister thought that, given two items exactly the same except for cost, the one that cost more was somehow better. She got better about that, just a few years before she got leukemia. I would give anything to laugh at her at Macy's again. Treasure your sister, trust me.

·
Banned
3,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
The main reason I avoid DG is that in SC, you have around a 50/50 chance of the store being robbed while you are shopping. Seems like one a day around here.
I really find it hard to believe that statistically half the times you are in a Dollar General, there will be a robbery. Are there really 365 Dollar General robberies in South Carolina in a year out of the 430 DGs in the state?

·
Sarcasm Inc.
15,090 Posts
The only reason I don't hit the dollar stores more often is that I've worked nights for the last 20 years and they aren't 24hr like my local walmart

·
Registered
432 Posts
I go into a Dollar General store and feel like I'm at a garage sale. Bunch of old, near expired items. No sales persons in the store except for one clerk who is always in the back sweeping when I want to check out.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Dollar General is too rich for me; lots of items are way more than a dollar. Dollar Tree, OTOH, is right in my range. Everything is $1. Almost. Last week the lady in front of me paid $4.50 for some items. Curiosity got the best of me so I asked her why the odd charge. She said that she bought one birthday card and they were 2 for a buck.

I use 2.0X reading glasses and I've got about 20 pairs of them laying around. Can't beat the price. I also like their paint brushes and work gloves, business envelopes, coffee cups, cleaning brushes and a few other things.

·
Registered
714 Posts
That's what I said to my snobbish sister when she visited me this Saturday before Easter.
Let me put things into perspective, she is by no means rich, but she turns up her nose at many common things like shopping at the Dollar General, Food Depot, and Aldi's.
My sister also thinks I'm "hood" for eating fried whiting on a regular basis.

Of course, I have to play nice with her since our parents still haven't finished their will yet, but that doesn't mean I have to put up with elitism.

So do you have a sibling like this? Or are you the "snob" in your family?
My Kids in a small midwest town where they were growing up had what some call "automobile feet"-iow when a vechicle from garage or driveway moved....they wanted onboard,UNLESS..... Dad was going to Dollar General then they'd decline.a-ok with me.So I used this to my advantage,when leaving after that if I didn't want them aboard i'd say Dads going to Dollar General who needs what,needless to say they didn't hop aboard! Even though I may be going to my local watering hole! LITTLE SNOB'S-Must have got that from the kids @ school,I'm sure they didn't learn that @ home-P.S.-I still shop there today & so do they!

·
Registered
714 Posts
The only time we go is when we go to Florida for vacation and need to pick up some stuff for the time share. There are a number of them including Dollar General but the one we go to everything is $1. I've noticed at Dollar General and others most items aren't $1.
been shopping d.g. a long time,but did notice about the time they sponsored a nascar driver the prices were not so consumer friendly-dollar tree is better,a little less selection,but everything's a buck!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Around here, they have replaced the small convenience stores in rural areas. Nothing special, but at least you can get a loaf of bread or a roll of paper towels without driving half an hour or paying four times what it's worth like some of the convenience stores charge. It really makes me wonder why some of the more remote stores don't put in above ground storage and sell regular gasoline, but I guess the environmental regulations make it tough to get into.

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
Man, what's up with all you snobby ****ers that live in areas with bad neighborhoods?

·
Banned
45,580 Posts
We don't watch Maury, we watch Springer. If you want Maury, I can order it for you, have it in about two weeks...
As long as I ain't the baby daddy, it's all good.

121 - 136 of 136 Posts