So you tricked out your 10-22...

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by shellster, Jan 12, 2010.

1. shellster

shellster Locked & Loaded

I am thinking about picking a 10-22 and pimping it out. I am looking for some good ideas for what to do with it. What have you guys done?

2. space_weazel

space_weazel

I wanted light, so I got a Tactical Solutions 16 fluted aluminum barrel, and a Hogue rubber stock, I have been really happy with it and many new shooters like it as well. I plan to get another of the Konus red dots to replace the BSA that's on there.

I as well as others will advise you to avoid the plastic feed lip mags, that's because most of us ignored that advice from someone else who bought some, they worked well for a while and we thought "pppphhhhhtttt...." and then they stopped working.

Get the Tactical Solutions steel lipped plastic mags, only about $35 a pop, but they will work and will continue to work.
    [​IMG]

3. hogship

hogship Patriot Extraordinaire

Nice looking space weasel......

This one has been a favorite of my two sons when they were younger, and a few various neighborhood kids........to them, it looks like an assault rifle, and I suppose that's the point!

hog

[​IMG]

With the youngest of shooters, the folded stock works as a good bench rifle for them:

[​IMG]

4. Mikey.Dunn

Mikey.Dunn

Think I found this on ar15.com. Pretty sweet.

[​IMG]

5. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

6. Mongosafari

Mongosafari El diablo verde

[​IMG]

Old picture with Ruger in the background. Butler Creek barrel/stock. Barrel threaded .500"x 28TPI for suppressor and wears an M16 flash hider for a thread protector (the can on Ruger 22/45 right now). Volquartzen mag release, bolt lock, bolt recoil pad and trigger parts. The scope was given to me as a joke (very long stupid story); Sportsmans Guide 4-16x50, 30mm, illuminated Mil-Dot, on a no recoil rifle it works fine.

[​IMG]

Old Ruger 10/22 cut down for a kid friendly training rifle. Below it is the new stock from the 10/22 in the first picture -should I ever wish to return the 1022 to regular size. The Bushmaster ORC collapsed was just for size comparison.
    Eagle Zephur sights and sports the same Volquartzen mag release, bolt lock, bolt recoil pad and trigger parts. Metal was painted with Brownells Allumahyde in 1997, a few scratches but held up very well.

[​IMG]

So, there are a couple of ideas.

10/22's are great little rifle. LONG LIVE THE 22

7. cop414

cop414

This is what I did to mine, love that little rifle...

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1167991

Stop over at Rimfirecentral.com, this is where I got almost all information needed for my build, but be very careful with your wallet... mine is much lighter.

Sgt Tim

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  8. DEADLYACCURATE

DEADLYACCURATE Senior Member

:wow::wow:

9. Kentucky Shooter

Kentucky Shooter NRA Life Member

I have experimented with the tricked out 10-22's and they are great, but out of sheer boredom I have turned mine back into factory specs (as far as the barrel and stock) again. But a green mountain .920" barrel and your stock of choice (Hogue, Revival, etc...) will make your gun shoot tiny groups. Mine still have the volquartsen target hammers, which is one of the cheapest ways to get a clean crisp trigger. I do like automatic bolt releases and though I have never had them, the extended mag releases I am sure would be handy. The skies the limit on what you can do to a 10-22--Good luck!!

10. Corrado

Corrado

Nothing too radical, Hogue stock, Volquartsen 12" carbon barrel, trigger group and extended mag release.

It seems odd that we can have a rifle with a 12" barrel while you can't in the USA, yet you can have hand guns but we can't.

Revolvers in the pic are muzzle loaders - they are allowed.

11. UniversalBrow06

UniversalBrow06

That looks like an expensive .22! :wow:

12. Indy_Guy_77

Indy_Guy_77 Thread Killer

If you already own a 10/22...

It'd only be $200.

Plus a ruger Charger barrel and that stock.

-J-

13. shellster

shellster Locked & Loaded

Thanks everyone for the ideas!

14. Annoyedgrunt

Annoyedgrunt Dry Heat my ASS

I'm not sure what happened. I bought a stainless 10/22, put a 4-9 (I think) power scope on it , a Volquartsen trigger, a rubber recoil buffer that replaces the steel one... and then I sold it. I just never shot it. I guess I'm just more of a handgunner. I have a Mk II that I shoot all of the time. :dunno:

15. batoncolle

batoncolle

The first has a Hogue stock, threaded barrel for suppressor, Hornet TG and other minor mods like bolt release, charging handle, mag release.

The second is the current build I'm working on. Zimmerman receiver, Ace folding stock, modified TG, Rimfire Tech bolt, Tactical Innovations charging handle, and I'm waiting on my integrated suppressed barrel to clear the ATF.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Dr. J Frame

Dr. J Frame LSWCHP +P

Me too. 4.75lbs with optic, as pictured.

I went OD green on the TacSol and Hogue, with Duracoat OD on receiver, scope base & trigger-plate assembly. Optic is Aimpoint T1 micro.
    [​IMG]

17. smokin762

smokin762

A couple of years ago I bought this Ruger 10/22 with the 20” barrel. Since, I have installed a Power Custom trigger and sear. I bought an extended charging handle and an extended magazine release. I replaced the stock with a Butler Creek free float stock. I replaced the front and rear sights with Tech Sights. I changed the front sight post from an A1 to an A2 post. I then had a machinist at work mill down an optic rail for me to fit over top of the rear Tech sight. I can keep CCI Mini mags in the 10 ring if not better at 100 yards.

[​IMG]

18. space_weazel

space_weazel

Actually, I think that's a Tac-Sol barrel with brake, but what I want to know is where can I get one of those drums, and do they actually work?

UPDATE: It's a BDM drum and they are to be released soon. http://blackdogmachinellc.net/drum-10-22-50rd.aspx HECK YEA!@

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  19. mixflip

mixflip

Here are my 2.
    [​IMG]

and here are some of the phases they went through which was all fun doing over the last 2 years.
    [​IMG]

20. Liquid

Liquid

that drum looks fun. anyone know what the price is?