So y'all seen that George Floyd 8min bodycam vid yet? (link)

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Grabbrass, Aug 3, 2020.

1. roscoepcoaltrain

roscoepcoaltrain

Big, tough ex-con squalling like a baby. Disgusting.

billy_56081 likes this.
  2. Syclone0538

Syclone0538

I didn't see the officers do anything wrong in this video, and that doesn't change anything in my opinion. Guy still didn't deserve to be murdered.

Abeygunz likes this.

3. Redeemed

Redeemed

Guy wasn’t murdered.
    My question is what was that guy in the passenger seat doing at his waistband right after getting out of the car?

ExecutiveWill likes this.
  4. IvanVic

IvanVic

Cops are not judge, jury and executioner.

I knew that eventually many people here would find a way to justify the cop’s actions. After all, it’s what they always do. They did the same thing when a cop murdered Daniel Shaver in that hallway (yes, that was murder). The country is short on rational, thinking people. There are almost none left. One side takes an extreme position - George Floyd should be honored - and other other side takes the opposite extreme - the cop should walk.

5. slym2none

slym2none

But George Floyd wasn't murdered.

billy_56081 and 'Ol Grandad like this.
  6. IvanVic

IvanVic

No clue why you’re quoting me. I never said he was murdered.

7. Glock17193643

Glock17193643

He was not murdered.

8. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I have -0- sympathy for cities like Minneapolis and Louisville where the police administration thinks they are the CIA hiding nuclear secrets. The LAPD has learned to get all of the evidence out to the public immediately and we'll have a lot fewer riots when we fire these caveman police chiefs and hire people who can comprehend that.

Guess what, police, nothing in your case, good or bad, IS A #%@&ING SECRET! I don't care if you just cited somebody for speeding or shot up a carload of BLM protesters, there are no secrets and trying to keep things secret is what causes most of your problems.

9. IvanVic

IvanVic

The correct answer is that we do not know. I have no idea whether the officer’s knee was the governing factor in his death, nor do I know if the officer intended to prevent him from breathing at times. What I do know is that if those allegations cannot be proven (especially the intended part) beyond a reasonable doubt, he should not be charged with murder.

The evidence will decide. People making definitive declarations one way or another have other motives.

10. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

BS.

It was not murder and I find it disgusting how freely that word is thrown about towards law enforcement during recent current events by people who have no objectivity and/or don't know what they're talking about.

That hallway shooting incident was a situation in which multiple police reports came in of a man shooting and/or wielding a "RIFLE" out of a hotel window.

I can only assume you've heard of the hotel-window shooting in which 59 people were killed in Vegas from a similar "situation"..?

The guy (later found to be very intoxicated) did not follow commands well and made movements which could have been to retrieve a weapon.

Cops are not mind-readers and don't know ahead of time why someone is not following their commands..

Hence, the officer was acquitted (not by a Judge, nor Donald Trump) but by a jury of his peers (i.e. citizens like you and me).

Those jurors, who after being presented with the evidence and the totality of the circumstances, believed the officer did nothing wrong.

In other words, those jurors likely put themselves in that officer's shoes as they considered the totality of the circumstances and you'd have likely done the same.

But you'd rather call police officer's whoa re doing a thankless and dangerous job and trying to go home at the end of the day, "murderers".

That's an incredibly "cheap" shot in my opinion..

Pwhfirefighter and OdinIII like this.
  11. LAWDOGKMS

LAWDOGKMS

You actually pretty much said exactly that when you compared Daniel Shaver to George Floyd..

12. OdinIII

OdinIII

I’m still amazed with the number of people acting like this video changes anything. It was obvious from the beginning and in the original video that there is only one person fully responsible for what happened that day. What in this video is new?

Pwhfirefighter likes this.
  13. wprebeck

wprebeck Have you seen me?