So what's the deal with cancer?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Boo Berry, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Westexas

Westexas

Boo Berry is no longer with us. He got the “hammer” a while back for an “incident.”

2. Marie Nieves

Marie Nieves

Ouch, so sorry, I didn't know. Thank you for letting me know.

3. Upgrayedd

Upgrayedd

Brand new member bringing up a banned members old thread. Pretty sure it's just Booberry under a new account. Maybe not, but definitely suspicious.

snerd and MB-G26 like this.
  4. Marie Nieves

Marie Nieves

Well, this escalated quickly. If I were him or her, I think that I won't be so predictable. Please, don't judge me by this accusation, If you didn't ask me first.

I just saw the title about cancer and remembered I read something a couple of days ago (and thought it could be interesting to others). If anybody has something similar to share, I would still be interested in reading more about it.

Cheers!

Westexas likes this.
  5. Detectorist

Detectorist

You're going to be in the hands of a world class hospital.

6. BSA70

BSA70

So many variable s and if effects people differently. I watched my brother in an atrocious lung cancer battle for almos 2 years. John Wayne battled lung cancer 15 years

7. Green Dragoon

Green Dragoon

Every month or so

G30SF/F-250 likes this.
  8. Vito

Vito

The reality is that cancer is not a single disease. Modern medicine has been very successful in treating certain cancers, and early detection has saved even more lives. But some cancers are still pretty much a death sentence. I am a three time cancer survivor, if I wish to think of myself in that perspective. I've had literally dozens of less than life threatening skin cancers, but I also have had two melanoma cancers that were picked up at very early stages by the dermatologist that I see several times a year. Someone without access to a dermatologist, or who does not regularly get full body checks might not have so lucky. I also am a survivor of renal cancer, which normally has a very poor survival rate. I was "fortunate" to have a kidney stone, and in the effort to locate the stone, a CAT scan revealed what turned out to be a cancerous mass on my other kidney. I lost the kidney but the cancer was removed before it could spread. So good medical care and luck have allowed me to continue with a good life.

But some cancers are seemingly having no better outcomes than they did 40 or 50 years ago. Pancreatic cancer comes to mind, as does lung cancer. I have no doubt that someday there will be preventive measures or cures for all of these cancers, but I doubt that I will still be here to enjoy that progress.

Paul53, Marie Nieves and ScarFace88 like this.
  9. Gonzoso

Gonzoso

From the seinfeld like title I was expecting a lot more jokes. Thread didn't deliver.

Upgrayedd likes this.
  10. Darkangel1846

Darkangel1846

Well what seems to be the primary is how soon it is discovered, the sooner the better outcome.

11. Paul53

Paul53 You local friendly Skynet dealer

Rats! Not the first time I've been lied too.

Hannie Caulder likes this.
  12. G30SF/F-250

G30SF/F-250 Pinky Out Platinum Member

PA to LA to NY to FL to IL to VA to GA to OH to FL
    Seems legit.....

Green Dragoon likes this.