·
Registered
2,571 Posts

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,206
That looks like Daddy and BF in the recliners last night after supper LOL

Pugs are so adorable! I think I want to add one to my dog collection.

Leftover
Porkchop
Bacon
Colby Cheese
I notice you eat a lot of cheese and bacon. Have you had your cholesterol checked?

Sorry for being nosy, it's only because I care about you. And Daddy has three stents. My ex-husband saved his life.

·
Pinky Out
59,153 Posts
I notice you eat a lot of cheese and bacon. Have you had your cholesterol checked?

Sorry for being nosy, it's only because I care about you. And Daddy has three stents. My ex-husband saved his life.
My lab results come back as the picture of health.

Are you going by the standard American diet recommendations by the government measuring cholesterol?

The old ones or the new ones?

I don’t need or believe the government telling me what to eat just like doctors don’t need them forcing prescriptions to their patients so they don’t lose their license. :wavey:

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,209
My lab results come back as the picture of health.
Are you going by the standard American diet recommendations by the government measuring cholesterol?
Very glad to read that. My ex-husband told his patients that diet, exercise, and smoking are risk factors you can control, but the biggest risk factor is genetics and you can't control that. Some people can eat whatever they want and their cholesterol numbers are fine. Other people have high cholesterol no matter how strict a diet they follow. Heart disease runs in Daddy's family (and his diet and smoking didn't help either). His numbers are good now thanks to medication, and Mommy and I made him quit smoking years ago (it wasn't easy, we had to beat him up fairly regularly LOL).
I'm happy you are healthy, and pray you will stay that way.

Reactions: 1bigK

·
Pinky Out
59,153 Posts
Very glad to read that. My ex-husband told his patients that diet, exercise, and smoking are risk factors you can control, but the biggest risk factor is genetics and you can't control that. Some people can eat whatever they want and their cholesterol numbers are fine. Other people have high cholesterol no matter how strict a diet they follow. Heart disease runs in Daddy's family (and his diet and smoking didn't help either). His numbers are good now thanks to medication, and Mommy and I made him quit smoking years ago (it wasn't easy, we had to beat him up fairly regularly LOL).
I'm happy you are healthy, and pray you will stay that way.
You tricked me! :fist:

I’m not talking nutrition here because this is the no argument Supper Thread. :wavey:

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,213
You tricked me! :fist:

I’m not talking nutrition here because this is the no argument Supper Thread. :wavey:
LOL. I'm glad you had it checked, that's all. Nobody should die of a heart attack with all the great medicines and procedures they have now.

Reactions: 1bigK

·
Watcher.
40,262 Posts
:fred:

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
11,044 Posts
Nice, but are you eating out of an ashtray?
No it's a very old steak plate(30 years plus) to keep the steak hot. I wash and scrub it very well after each steak. It's kinda like all my iron frying pans, their all black as well but they get cleaned after each and every use.

Reactions: CanyonMan
10201 - 10220 of 10993 Posts