65,063 Posts
Beef roast on Keto buns, side salad

Sent from my Jack boot using Copatalk

·
Registered
12,007 Posts
Monday's goal for dinner:
T-bone steak
Fingerling mixed potatoes (first effort)
Broccoli
Steamed mushrooms

Haven't decided on the salads yet.

Thursday - preview
Butterball turkey deep fried in peanut oil. (Hint-I only know of one person who attempted to do this indoors - not me. Don't attempt this indoors as it is very dangerous.)

Further comments. Very few people do a whole turkey on routine basis at home. This leads to many errors in cooking. People see a Norman Rockwell painting and think that using the oven is the only way to go. Deep frying outdoors is easier on the chef. And, if you decide to bake the turkey, let it rest before attempting to carve or you will have a mess.

New Year's Resolution I am thinking about. If and when the economy opens back, I will go down to chinatown and buy a duck and start making Peking Duck again. I need prep time of three days to prepare the bird. I have to have it hang by the neck. One time, many years ago, I didn't plan ahead and ended up hanging it up in the shower. I heard about that from my wife and found a place to hang it outside the apartment.

Then there was the time I bought a bunch of live lobsters in Bridgeport, Connecticut. In law's house. There was was no room in the refrigerator so, I put them in the bath tube and drew the curtain. Well. . . . I didn't realize that my sister-in-law had the late afternoon shift and would take a shower before going to work! Yes, there were screams. I was out of the house at the time and when I returned, the lobsters were already in pot and everyone had calmed down and were happy.

Alternative resolution under consideration. There is a company in Vernon (you cannot operate a slaughterhouse in the City of Los Angeles. ) near the slaughter houses that imports meats from all over the world. I will do what I called Roast Pheasant in a Brown Bag tied with cooking string.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Putting smoker to use today.
Smoked 8 chicken thighs - for work lunches wed/thurs and some leftovers
I just took a 3# tri-tip off and am letting it rest. I will eat this whole thing between today and tomorrow most likely.
I am upping the grill temp right now and going to throw some chops on

after I am finally done it is more chores. lol.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,128
I have a big pot of Italian sausage, peppers, and onions in tomato sauce simmering on the stove waiting for Mommy and Daddy to get here. It's one of Daddy's faves.

·
****** Viejo
28,812 Posts
I have a big pot of Italian sausage, peppers, and onions in tomato sauce simmering on the stove waiting for Mommy and Daddy to get here. It's one of Daddy's faves.

Mamma mia, one of my favorites also. tom. :eat:

·
Registered
19,305 Posts

Put me down for one of the sausages please!

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,131
Mamma mia, one of my favorites also. tom.
Put me down for one of the sausages please!
You're both invited, come on over there's plenty LOL.

I had to cook something that could sit on the stove because I'm not sure what time Mommy and Daddy will get here. They're driving down from N. Myrtle Beach.

They will call me when they get to the Daytona Beach exit. Then I know they will be here in about an hour and a half to an hour and 45 minutes.

·
Registered
19,305 Posts
A beer battered fish fillet and cooking up of box of Annie's pasta. I will see if the mac and cheese variety is as disappointing as the shells and white cheddar was.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Tonight we are having French onion soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. tom. :eat:
I just clicked your post. This isn't the first time we've aligned on supper.

Here's the empty bowl from a few minutes ago. No sandwich, though.
Onion soup.jpg

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Based upon Hannie's indorsement, I bought a jug of Carlo Rossi Paisano today. Decided to have one before dinner...the glass is empty...heading back to the jug....not sure I want to ruin dinner with food.

·
Registered
19,305 Posts
A quick pic of supper that I posted earlier. Annie's pasta sauce is a dismal failure in my opinion. It is very weak and thin. I added a bit more milk and 3 slices of American cheese to the sauce and made it way better.

IMGA0498.jpg

10121 - 10140 of 11040 Posts