GlockTalk Forum banner

9781 - 9800 of 10280 Posts

·
Mentally Frozen
24,756 Posts
Frittata di ricotta con confettura di erbe e frutti di bosco, Tagliatelle al salmone marinate al lime, sale, olio, pepe ed erbe aromatiche, il tutto saltato con pomodorini. Pinot bianco italiano
Sounds delicious.

·
Registered
18,133 Posts

·
In The Saddle
7,128 Posts
^^^^^ Don't know if I can top this, but.....

I had some fish, but for some reason it tasted like RUBBER... ! :headscratch:

IMG_20190612_125011626 - Copy.jpg

OK OK.. Just foolin!

This tonight....!

IMG_7552.jpg

CM
:horse:

·
Registered
18,133 Posts
Another hunk of meatloaf and some of the leftover mashed taters. Made a a package of brown gravy mix and put it on the meatloaf and taters.

·
Diva extraordinaire
15,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9,788
Worked out of town (Miami) yesterday and today. Tonight we stopped and got Cuban take-out on the way home. I had my fave, ropa vieja.

·
Not from my cold dead clutching hands
559 Posts
Tried frozen precooked farm raised muscles with frozen raw but cleaned calamari rings and fresh jumbo shrimp simmered in garlic and olive oil and pored over Barilla spaghetti. Also made baked clams. Using fresh frozen clams. The clams were sort of tasteless but everything else was superb and fast. Everything cooked in the time it took to boil water(about 10 mins.) and cook pasta (10 min.) Shrimp cooks in 5-6 minutes, calamari in 4 muscles get hot in about 4 when thrown into the same large saucepan with everything else except the pasta.

·
In The Saddle
7,128 Posts
Another hunk, of meatloaf and some of the leftover mashed taters. Made a a package of brown gravy mix and put it on the meatloaf and taters.

OK Kansas, just how big is a "Hunk," there? haha.
Sounds good amigo...

Enjoy the weekend. I "think" the cold snap is done for another couple weeks maybe??

CM

·
Registered
18,133 Posts
OK Kansas, just how big is a "Hunk," there? haha.
Sounds good amigo...

Enjoy the weekend. I "think" the cold snap is done for another couple weeks maybe??

CM
Just a little over a fist sized portion! Butt end of the loaf, saved a flat piece for another sammich!

Looks like we a back to warmer weather for at least 2 weeks.

·
In The Saddle
7,128 Posts
Just a little over a fist sized portion! Butt end of the loaf, saved a flat piece for another sammich!

Looks like we a back to warmer weather for at least 2 weeks.

Yes sir! That is an Okie "Hunk" as well... haha.
Yep, it won't be long on the weather though as you already know... She's a comin.

Stay safe.

CM

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,576 Posts
Well when I really want a great supper only a grilled steak beats this combo.
image.jpeg

Grape juice in the container. Oh the toast has pure Blackberry fruit on it...mmmmmmm, later.

·
USMC "The Few The Proud"
10,576 Posts
Cheese steak sandwich with onions, beer.

1911club#410
Well damn, that's what I had last night. Rarely I do go out to eat and last night after a long day I got lazy and on an impulse I biked about two blocks to "Jersy Joe's" Philidelphia Cheesesteak and bought a cheesesteak. It tasted fantastic but cost $11.00 just for the sandwich. I'm not cheap but I wasn't going to pay $5.00 for a side of frys.

They had eating outside but I took my sandwich to go. I didn't even bring my backpack so I jammed the wrapped sandwich into the bike bottle holder and rode home. They also put a nice sized little container of garlic butter with the sandwich and heck it didn't even open up in the jamming process. I just had crackers with the sandwich and even then I only ate about 80% of it. Later.

·
Mountain Man
6,796 Posts
I eat one meal every other day + Saturday. (Monday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday)

Today being Friday I had a salad:

First I made a chicken salad to use as my dressing:

1 Can Costco canned chicken
Half a package of bacon (chopped up and cooked)
1/4 - 1/3 cup sauted red onion and serranos
Garlic, basil & cilantro
Garlic salt
Splash or two of quality apple cider vinegar
Duke's Mayo
(probably some other stuff I can't recall.)

I threw a TON of mixed greens in a large bowl along with the chicken salad and threw in some fresh mozzarella bites and pepitas.

Wonderful!

For dessert, I had some vanilla strawberry keto nut granola with heavy cream.

9781 - 9800 of 10280 Posts